Do UC's look at your first semester grades of senior year?

<p>I don’t really know if we are talking about the same thing or not… haha. All I know of are the three supplements I mentioned. My son only received a supplement from Cal. I thought when my son received this that he was on the bubble for admissions. We were a wreck for months and were truly shocked to think he would be on the bubble with his stats. I mean Cal is tough to get into but we felt he had a pretty good shot with his grades and EC’s. I mentioned the supplement somewhere on this forum (can’t remember where) and was told this supplement wasn’t used for students on the bubble. I wish we had known that so we all could have been a little less stressed! Believe it or not, Cal was my son’s first choice so he was really nervous during the whole waiting process.</p>

<p>As for his sport, he was a recruited athlete at a couple of UC’s and other universities as well. He was given lots of merit aid to all the universities (and a couple of full rides) in order to free up athletic scholarships just as you mentioned, but he turned those down to attend Cal. Cal is very good in his sport and he would not have received a full ride (very, very few do). Although he could definitely walk on, he has decided not to play in college. He was accepted to undeclared engineering and he just felt he couldn’t play Division I and get the grades he wants. He’s really excited to go to Cal and he did receive a very generous scholarship to go there. He’ll still be playing his sport, just at the club level. :-)</p>

<p>I had a supplemental for Cal about my medical issue, which I think leaned me to get me in XP</p>

<p>momfirst:</p>

<p>based on UC Statfinder, Cal L&S would have been a low match-high safety for your son, assuming at least decent essays that respond to the prompts as shibykin noted earlier. The only issue in his case was Engineering which is definitely more difficult for a guy.</p>

<p>Glad it worked out well for him. Congrats.</p>

<p>Thanks. We are glad it worked out too. We didn’t realize how difficult it was to get accepted Undeclared Engineering until we heard the Dean speak at Cal Days. My son always loves a challenge… hahaha… I am so glad the whole process is over with. He’s my youngest so I am done with the whole college application process. Yay!!! Onward and upward they go. :-)</p>