Do UCs take SAT scores in November?

<p>Do UCs take SAT test scores taken in november?</p>

<p>since the deadline is nov.30 I think they should right…</p>

<p>I got 2020 on my SAT I, and 620 for Biology, 600 for U.S. history on my SAT IIs…
I need to retake both! :(</p>

<p>They take November AND December scores. :)</p>

<p>You have to take one type of test one day, the other another day, so you could take the Subject Tests in November, the SAT I in December, or vice-versa.</p>

<p>thank you so much!!!
this is so encouraging to me…
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D:D:D</p>

<p>You’re so welcome. Glad I made your day. :)</p>

<p>Lots of school Guidance Counselors get this wrong. They do include November, but they erroneously state that “December is too late.” It is not! </p>

<p>Do you have a plan in place for disciplined study to increase those scores? Do you know the areas in which you most need improvement on the SAT I? PM me if you need to.
Take care,</p>

<p>Well um, on my last test I scored 700 for both Writing and Math, but only 620 for reading comprehension. The vocab part of the reading section is the most difficult for me, so I’'ll definitely need to get some vocab memorization done. and also I was thinking if I could get my math and grammar scores even higher then it can make up for my weak score in reading?</p>

<p>I think that history is a lost cause, since it’s all memorization and I’m aready out of the APUSH mood, (haha) so I’m going to focus on studying Bio again and maybe math 2 if i can get a book. </p>

<p>I’m aiming for 2200+ and 700+ for these retakes
even though that may be realy hard but, it’s better to aim high right? ;)</p>

<p>You can get from collegeboard an online score report, which will break down which sections on CR were weaker areas. (Have you viewed that already?)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Students tend to mess up more on the context of the vocabulary in a passage or sentence, even when supposedly they “know” the word, so make sure that you can differentiate context.</p>

<p>It is definitely worth finding out what kinds of grammar questions you missed, so that you can focus just on those areas. Some people miss across the board, because of weak grammar fundamentals. The way the SAT is different from school is that the errors exist in far more complex sentence structures than one has usually studied in school. The areas that tend to be the most challenging – depending on how strong one’s background and how sophisticated one’s reading is – are the areas of clauses, participles (and the prepositions used with them), and identifying the subject in a complex sentence so that the subject agrees with the verb.</p>

<p>There are so many grammar rules! But if you can isolate the areas of weakness, your prep will be more efficient, and the chance that your score will increase, more likely.</p>

<p>Your previous scores are not bad. It depends on how determined you are for an increase, what your gpa is, and what campuses/majors you’re looking at. To get a significant increase, you have to make a real dent in the areas of less competency.</p>

<p>My GPA is weighted 3.75 and I’m aiming for the better UC campuses.
I understand that UCB, UCLA, and UCSD will definitely be reaches for me, so I’m hoping that I will get into UC Davis and UC Irvine. I’m also applying for Boston University and Boston College.
I will definitely take a look at the online score report!</p>

<p>Thanks again for all your help! :)</p>