Does any college take IB SL courses??

I’ve read that it seems as if IB SL tests are a waste except for getting the actual diploma which doesn’t matter.
LSU and UNO dont even accept SL…
Do you know if any schools accept them?

We didn’t see any that counted them on their own. If, however, you have a full diploma, you can get up to a year’s credit at quite a few schools, in which case they “count”. If you’re not pursuing the diploma, I don’t know if they’re valuable for college credit.

If you do very well on SL exams your junior year, you can report your (excellent) scores when you’re applying to college, which could strengthen your application.

Also, many SL 's match AP exams - you can just take the corresponding AP exam - some may require minimal studying but they’re often easy to match. AP math, ap literature, and AP foreign language are especially good for this.

University of Tulsa does! They LOVE IB students! They do give credit for certain SL courses if you score high enough on them. I believe Spanish SL is one of them. :slight_smile:

If taking a SL Language take the first AP test in that language.

I second what @MYOS1634 said.

At out dchool, SL Chem is AP Chem plus some, so that strategy would work there as well. Agree with the others above.

Last time I checked Georgia Tech accepts some SL credits.

I know most Florida state schools do… and I’m sure a lot of state schools that have a reputation for liking/wanting IB students will.

Virginia Commonwealth Univ. Very generous with SL credits!