Dorm Room Printer

<p>Recommedations for dorm-room printer? Looking for guidance re: color ink-jet with copy/scan versus black laser. There are many low-cost options out there. So, our goal is to find something reliable, easy to use, and not too big.</p>

<p>Cookie16 - A printer is very much not needed. I brought one my freshman year and never used it. The school credits you with 100 “UPrint” dollars. is costs 5 cents to print black and white and 10 cents to print color. I printed a TON last year in color for an org I’m in and I still finished the year with $20 left. There are print labs in the dorms open til 2 am and the library opens at 7am. The only time you can’t access a printer is from 2to7am (except during finals when you have 24 hour access)</p>

<p>I agree with CanesGirl. My daughter had a printer (small HP purchased at bookstore) and she only really used it as a backup as she did all her printing from the school printers. She is a premed major and before she started using the school printers, she was going through ink like crazy. She did use all her UPrint dollars by the end of the year and then printing was charged to her cane card but that was fine as it was still much cheaper then buying ink cartridges all the time. So definitely plan on using the school printers as they are in the dorms and just keep a small cheap printer for emergencies. Good Luck</p>