Dual Enrollment - Ask Me Anything

Hello!

My name is Quinn and I am a high school student with a full college schedule. This spring, I will receive my AA degree. I know many students have questions about dual enrollment classes (I sure did!) and I would like to share my experience in hopes of helping others.

I recently posted this on another platform and thought it might be useful here as well.

I have also taken several AICE(with diploma)/AP classes for comparison.

Ask me anything!

Were the dual enrollment courses were taken as regular college courses at a college, or in online / distance format, or as “college in the high school” type courses? Or did you have more than one of these formats of dual enrollment courses?

Your state of residency?

What types and levels of courses did you take as dual enrollment versus AP versus AICE?

I have a mixture of both online and on-campus classes. Also, I take classes at two different universities and one campus is much to far for me to be in-person.

I am from Florida :slightly_smiling_face:. In fact, half of my classes are at University of FL.

I’m not 100% sure I’m answering this correctly, but I’ve taken both intro and enhanced level college courses through DE. Comparatively, I’d say that dual enrollment courses are much easier than AP (with a few acceptions). It really depends on the college/university you take classes at, but I’ve found that the DE versions are typically less stressful and more manageable. As for AICE, I believe dual enrollment is structured and taught very differently, however it is similar in difficulty (but it a different way??).

Hope this helps!

By “on-campus”, do you mean the college campus?

Yes, they are on the college campus…not highschool like some DE classes.