Duke Class of 2027 Official Thread

even worse here. Only 2 docs (FAFSA and CSS), and they were never updated since January!

Iā€™m pretty sure more docs doesnā€™t mean higher chance of admission.

1 Like

mineā€™s on current decision (has been for a while), donā€™t know what to think of that.

1 Like

I also have 3 items but that literally all that I have sent. I have the CSS / Parents tax returns / student tax statement.

• Iā€™m also international.

same for me

Mine is still on ā€œcompleteā€ and still says ā€œapplicant.ā€ I know some people were on ā€œcompleteā€ but it said ā€œcurrent decisionā€ and at least one person said theirs was on ā€œdecidedā€ a while back. Not sure any of this means anything, lol. Iā€™ve been trying to stay off slate and avoid portal astrology in general but sometimes I canā€™t help it. Waiting is so hard!

3 Likes

My sonā€™s says ā€œCurrent Decisionā€ and then when you click on it the circle is on ā€œDecidedā€

This was debunked in last years thread:

1 Like

where did you see this? Duke application portal doesnā€™t look like that?

1 Like

its from slate.org

Interesting. So maybe they are still deciding on me or maybe they are updating by region and havenā€™t gotten to mine yet. Or maybe it means nothing, lol. Mine still says ā€œApplicantā€ and when I click on the link the circle is still on ā€œComplete.ā€ Is there anyone else who still shows ā€œApplicantā€ rather than ā€œCurrent Decisionā€?

could be - I would think it would be more positive than what we are seeingā€¦

1 Like

All I think it means is that at the time of sync the decision has been made. I suspect they make decisions in batches and upload them. So effectively no conclusion can be drawn from it other than the application was handled in an earlier batch. Thatā€™s my guess of course :slight_smile: :grinning:
Good luck to your son and everyone!

1 Like

portal/slate astrology could drive a person bonkers! lol!! Sending good luck vibes to you too!

2 Likes

Thanks! I see. But after I logged in slate, I can tell you that it didnā€™t mean anything. As I was admitted to certain schools, but they still show ā€œcompleteā€. The status for some other schools is even ā€œin progressā€. So, I guess that the status there is not in sync with a schoolā€™s decision.

I know of two people with Duke BSAI and Merit Finalist invitations (ie: both admitted) who have their slate as complete.

Yes, each school uses a different kind of method to track ā€“ one schoolā€™s slate canā€™t be compared to anothers

As of 3/22 my slate says ā€œdecidedā€ and it said ā€œcurrent decisionā€ all of last weekā€¦

When I clicked an Upload submission button on Upload Materials session, I could see an item called ā€œAdmitted Student Health Formā€. I donā€™t know it was there before or not. I just checked it today and it was there. What is it?

1 Like

My daughter has the Admitted Student Health Form also so unless many others donā€™t I would not read into it.