Duquesne, Gannon, Waynesburg, Pitt at Greensburg, or Carlow For Direct Entry RN Program

@wildfelix1 Congrats to your son on acceptances! I have a sophomore in the nursing program at Pitt. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Wildfeli1 - My daughter said that the freshman math class that was required was very basic. A couple of her early general education classes required very little work, and a couple of the general ed professors were not great. That worked out fine for her - because she could concentrate on the important classes. I didn’t hear any complaints from her about her nursing or science classes, except that they were very challenging and time consuming. I didn’t hear complaints from her about the nursing faculty, except that the grading could be tough.

She was able to play a varsity sport for 2 years before the nursing program made it impractical. That is what she had expected to happen when she was applying to college.

The class sizes are all very reasonable at York, and rarely are more than 30 students. In comparison, my son attended a much more famous university, and had a bad experience in a 600 person chemistry class.

Son was accepted in to Pitt-Johnstown for nursing, though wanted main branch. Any one know of experiences there?

Same here for my daughter. Hope to hear some responses but not sure it’s worth the OOS tuition.

BillMorgan and ameganrod, can you give a gpa/test score? My D applied to Pitt as well, but was told no decision until midterm grades and more test scores.

@wildfelix1 On the AC - doesn’t much matter; it MAY be hot for 2 weeks in the beginning of the semester in the area and that is truly it!

4.0 gpa but only 1140 SAT score.