EA for University of San Francisco

Is anyone else waiting on EA decisions for University of San Francisco?

3 Likes

Yes, I have a note that they are not due out until “late January.” It’s on D23’s safety list, they are not known for generous merit so our expectations are low, but the app fee was waived so that made it an easier decision…

1 Like

We are also waiting on merit aid. From the website, it looks like there are a number of scholarships available, although I don’t know how many students receive them. USF is my daughter’s #2 choice, but we can not possibly afford it without major financial aid of some sort.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the school has mentioned a date for EA decision?

My daughter said she saw on their TikTok page that they’re hoping for next Friday, but not 100% promising.

1 Like

This is what happens when I delete tiktok, but I’m 50 and preferred other platforms.

Yeah, TikTok is not in my wheelhouse, but I have to say that they clearly know where to find their target audience of high school students. Apparently they are quite active on TikTok and my daughter has enjoyed their content.

1 Like

OK, looks like it’s actually January 25th! Good luck, everyone!

1 Like

Question, in case anyone knows:

Along with admissions decision, I understand that merit aid will also be decided. What about need-based aid? Do they include that in the package, or does that come later?

From their website:

If you’re admitted to USF, your decision letter will state any merit-based scholarships you’ve received. When you submit your FAFSA or CA Dream Act application, you’ll also be considered for need-based scholarships from the university.

When do I get my financial aid offer?
Fall Admits:
On or before April 1: You’ll receive an updated offer on your Dons Status Page and a paper offer mailed to your mailing address.

I’d interpret this as any need-based aid may be offered after decisions are released.

2 Likes

Well, today should be the day! Good luck, everyone! D23 said she got a message from USF on Naviance yesterday, so that felt like a nice touch to what is otherwise a very stressful process. I personally really love USF - I think D23 would really thrive there. The main problem for us is the price, so we’re definitely keeping an eye on the financial aid info.

Decisions are out

Yup, just got ours! So far, not enough in merit to make it possible for us, so hoping there will be some need-based aid coming as well. Otherwise…

I’m really surprised we didn’t any merit based on the SAT score. D23 had a 1440 which I think from their website indicates about $13k merit. It was our first choice school.

That sucks :frowning: I’m really sorry. Right now, it’s unaffordable for us, too, so hoping there might still be some need-based coming. It’s D23’s 2nd choice, but her 1st choice is a reach, so we’re not counting on an acceptance there, which means this was her next best option. Awful how expensive it is.