Early college and honors ready

<p>I’d be happy to put you in touch with one of my children. I have two in UA Early College. D2 is an Ambassador and could provide details of her experience.</p>

<p>The first step after the application process and acceptance is the Gateway class. It allows students to learn about online classes, develop a plan, and self-evaluate their organization and study skills. It’s an opportunity for self-evaluation and to earn credit. Once the student completes the Gateway class successfully, they move on to classes in their area of interest. There are scholarships available to OOS students. Classes are actual college classes taught by UA professors. Students earn an actual UA GPA and college credit to be used at the UA or transferred to another institution. It’s a wonderful opportunity for those who want to get ahead.</p>

<p>Feel free to send me a PM if you’d like for me to put you in touch with my UA Early College students or if you have specific questions.</p>

<p>You’ll need to get going on the application process right away. You’ll need a HS transcript and there is a form for your GC to sign.</p>

<p>Here’s a link:</p>

<p><a href=“http://uaearlycollege.ua.edu/apply_now.html[/url]”>http://uaearlycollege.ua.edu/apply_now.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thanks, asaunmom, for sharing your experience. It’s been a great opportunity and experience for our kids.:)</p>

<p>Oops, I should also have thanked paying4college and bamamomof3.:)</p>

<p>My HS Junior daughter took a class (psychology) online during the summer and enjoyed it. She found it challenging and rewarding. The professor worked with her when a test was scheduled for a time when she would be out of town without internet access. The only thing she didn’t like about that class was that the text book was an online so she couldn’t take it with her to study at the pool, etc ;)</p>

<p>She opted to not take a class during this school year since she had marching band during the fall semester and 2 AP classes this spring. She plans on registering for a summer class or possibly attending the on campus session. </p>

<p>Our biggest wish was that our school system would accept it as a dual enrollment, but they currently don’t since they use UAH and the CC. Not the fault of UA, but it would have opened up more class choices for D since there isn’t much sense in taking some classes (like freshman comp) when she will most like get AP credit for those classes.</p>

<p>Thank you bamagirls and bamamomof3 for your insightful posts. He will apply and have requested S2’s high school to send his transcript to UA Early College.</p>

<p>Yay! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)</p>