Electrical engineering/ physics double major

Is there anyone on these forums who did the EE/physics double major at UA?

How was it?

Thanks
NP

I think there is a student doing this. The mom posts here occasionally. @Mom2aphysicsgeek

What is your question?

My son, a 2nd year UA student, plans to major in both. His primary major was EE, but after looking at the flowchart he saw that it would only take a couple more classes to get the Physics major too so he decided to try for both. I know he has taken the 1st physics class so far (105?) and is signed up for the second one this coming semester. Since he’s not far along in the program, I don’t think he can really answer but he can try if you have a specific question. I also know of a mom who has a senior EE son this year if you have any electrical engineering questions.

@mom2collegekids and @kjcphmom Thanks ! My younger kid is finishing the SITE program and was very impressed with the person who spoke about EE at UA but also likes physics and thought the EE/Physics path might be interesting. I didn’t know if a double major in these would be biting off more than we can chew. I basically wanted to make sure from people who had done the EE/physics double major that it would be reasonable and not some esoteric pathway to madness.

Nope definitely reasonable. I believe alot of EE majors get both degrees.

@kjcphmom thanks - I feel better now!

Addendum - the double major only requires an extra 4 hours which is not a big deal at all - that is awesome!!!

Roll tide for making things so easy!

DS is rising senior in EE, with minors in physics and math. He never saw any real benefit (for him) of the double major, as just having the EE degree would qualify him for anything he might pursue. The physics and math minors added only one or two courses beyond what he was already taking. For the most part, in the job market, the engineering degree trumps the others.

Thanks @Chardo