Elon University Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

The level of individual support is hard to beat. I expect we should hear something this week…

1 Like

My DD ended up accepting the offer of the SCHC and the direct admit into the USNWR #1 ranked IB program that the SCHC offers (plus some nice merit aid). She loved UofSC - the people, the campus, the program. I think she found the little town around Elon too small (her preference) versus that around UofSC. It is a tough choice - good luck!

2 Likes

Seems like a lot of fellows candidates were also accepted into the SCHC. There were three on our residence hall tour when we visited UofSC this weekend.

Good luck to your new Gamecock!

1 Like

Hello- I figured this would be the place to post since everyone here will be going to Elon! My DS24 and I are headed there in two weeks for a tour. Our meet time is 2pm and we are driving from Raleigh. I would love some suggestions about what to do before the tour and after to make a day of it! Any other words of wisdom or suggestions appreciated :hugs:

No merit from Elon. Accepted to GW with 18,000. Elon is now out. Good luck everyone.

Check out suggestions on https://daytripperuniversity.com/

The town of Elon is small. We are at a good taco restaurant, Tangent, and went to the campus bookstore on N. Williamson St. Depending on how much time you have, there is a civil rights museum in Greensboro and we are at a fantastic Cajun restaurant there called Blue Denim.

1 Like

OK, GW may be preferred if same cost, but note tuition and fees at Elon is $20K less than GW.

1 Like

Money not the only factor. Urban vs rural, recognition vs. the feeling that no merit means “meh, I guess you can have the privilege of coming here”. It’s not need based. It’s an acknowledgement of your worth. Size of undergraduate class, also an issue. GW checks a lot of boxes for DD that Elon unfortunately did not. So, for the few extra grand, she’d rather go someplace that showed her they would like to have her, if that makes sense.

Agree that there is not too much to do in the town of Elon itself, but here is our general college visit plan that would work for your trip: Arrive super early, do a quick drive into campus to see where you will park and go in, so you’ve got that settled. Go park somewhere near the bookstore and get lunch…you can check out this little area along Williamson Ave that will be full of students. Tangent Taco is great, so is The Root. Go do the tour. After, if you’re feeling like Elon is a strong contender, maybe drive around campus a little more to get a feel for all of it (it’s not big), or stop in a dining hall for a drink or a snack, and then maybe head to nearby Burlington which will be where students go for shopping/Target/restaurants/etc. If you are into hiking, there are some decent short trails along Haw River, or Hanging Rock about 45 min away. Honestly, entertainment/attraction options right around Elon are kind of limited, but there is a wealth of activities and entertainment for the student body once enrolled!

3 Likes

In the end he decided for Elon over SCHC and their IB. After the final visit to SC he just decided he’d like the small campus better. It’s such a gut feeling in the end. Best of luck in Columbia — it’s a great school!

4 Likes

So, it took 25 days after learning of ED acceptance to find out about Nursing Program direct entry?