email inquiries to office of admission question

I sent an email to the office of admission roughly a week and a half before they went on break. The email asked if a certain thing would be relevant information for an appeal. I recieved two emails each one day apart as my email was passed along, each one saying I would hear from someone in x department soon.
I still haven’t gotten a response, and I’m not sure why, or if I should follow up once they’ve been back a day or two. My email was pretty much a yes-no question about admission policies.
Is it normal to be passed around so much?

Bump- still haven’t heard anything back

Has anyone ever dealt with admissions through email? I’ve called before, but I feel like that would come off as impatient since I’ve already emailed.

@TreeLights Just hold on. If you got rejected, you are no longer the school’s top priority, so it may take them some time to get back to you.

@lijrobert I mean, how long should I wait though? The thing I’m asking about is sort of time sensitive, and they know that from the email, and I don’t want the major to fill up before they get back to me. I mean, I am on the waitlist, so it might still help with that, but I’d rather be able to get everything squared away soon.

I’m sort of worried my question just got forgotten.

@TreeLights I’d email them back today or tomorrow. It’s been a few weeks, so it’s reasonable to email them.

Do you get the answer back? How’s everything going? I hate waiting for the emails when they are on breaks.

@ntruong2118 no, I never heard back and I decided not to press them.

I think it’s best to not contact them when you have your application on reviewing. Who knows what will happen!!