Emerson Pre-College Summer Program

Has anyone done or known anyone who participated in Emerson’s Pre-College Summer Music Theatre program? If so, I would love feedback. Thank!

My daughter has been accepted and is likely going but I have asked and scoured these pages and have not seen much. I have a good friend whose daughter did the program 2 years ago. She said it was wonderful! She is now at Berklee School of music studying voice. Hope this helps : )

@laylamom When did your daughter apply for Emerson’s precollege program and how soon after did she hear? Thanks so much!

Hey MTsg17, she applied very early. I think it was the third week in January that everything finally got in. If you are waiting…it is worth a call. We got an email confirmation that her that her info was received but I made a follow up call to be sure and my daughters HS hadn’t sent her transcripts which held up the process. We heard about 2 weeks after everything was received.

Hey!

I attended the Emerson Pre-College Musical Theatre Studio Program (Credit option) and it was AMAZING. They have finally kinda “settled” on how they want the program to be and they really do a great job of giving you a feel for the school while simultaneously preparing you for the college auditon process!

It’s a great program that helped me get accepted to the BFA program and have convinced a bunch of friends to follow my lead.

Hope this helps.

Congratulations YoungG10 on getting in to a wonderful BFA program!!! This is the path my daughter hopes for and she will be a rising Junior so the stress is just beginning. Thank you so much for the feedback and for posting. It really DOES help !! First person accounts of experiences mean so much more than “I heard blah blah…”. Best of luck to you and thanks a gazillion!!!

My daughter has also been accepted to Emerson we are in at Ithica and waiting for NYU before we decide. We are attending a MT round table at E in April which will help our D with her decision. We know 2 people that attended E and both got into NYU Tish and contribute it to E. Hope it helps!

what college are you currently going to?

@lincoln56 Hi! When did you apply for the pre college program and when did you hear? We are still waiting. Also, which summer NYU program (Tisch or Steinhardt) did you apply for? We are waiting for that too… Thx!

Hi @lincoln56: which NYU program your daughter applied? nyu Steinhardt Musical theatre summer? Thanks.

Steinhardt we made the decision to send her to Emerson 5 week program

@lincoln56 I am sure the Emerson program will be wonderful - congrats! Did you hear from Steinhardt yet or did you make the decision on Emerson without knowing about Steinhardt? Thanks!

@lincoln56 my Daughter is also doing the Emerson 5 week this summer. I am not very tech savvy but I will try to PM
you. Would be nice to connect. Feel free to get in touch!!

I have a friend whose daughter did the Emerson program last summer (or was it the summer before?). She is a senior this year and has just accepted an offer of admission as a music major at Willamette University in Oregon. I think she had a good experience at Emerson, but I don’t know too many more details.