English 106 vs. 108

I am looking to hear from anyone who took accelerated composition and what that was like vs. 106. I am not a strong writer but had to take 108 due to scheduling. Thoughts?

I took 106 back in 2009 and all I can say is it is a writing class and thus there was a lot of writing (go figure.) We were asked on many occasions to read and then write a comparison about main characters. We also had class discussions over reading material. The class was doable but did take up time. As far as how it compares to 108, I don’t know. Can you ask you advisor? Also, classes usually open up during the first week of class when people shuffle their schedules around! You may be able to find an opening in 106 at that point. Best luck this semester and BOILER UP!

Kinda late as the year already started, but the ENGL 108 teacher is brutal. She gives a lot of work and is a tough grader. She used to teach at UIUC and her ratemyprofessor ratings there are low and people said she is tough for a begineer english class.