English Honors

<p>Can anyone tell the main difference between english and english honors? I am an incoming freshman enrolled in general engineering. Is it easy to get an 'A' in one course than the other? Is the honors too much work? etc. Thanks a bunch.</p>

<p>Freshman English is totally dependent on the professor, as each one decides how their course runs (in contrast to other freshmen courses where all professors do the same thing). But I think the general consensus was that Honors English was better (I don’t know about easier). I didn’t take either so you shouldn’t take my word on this much, but if you can take Honors English, you should probably do it.</p>

<p>Honors English is pretty much an accelerated version of 1105 and 1106. I read a past syllabus from it that said the course reviews the skills of 1105 and refines the skills in 1106 within one semester. RealReal is totally right that every professor handles his/her course differently. </p>

<p>I would love to hear from students who took Honors English. The idea of fulfilling the requirement with a single course is great, but not if that course is a killer! Also, what is the best way to learn about the different professors. My son at another university used RateMyProfessors.com to find some reviews, but I seem to recall hearing about alternatives that were used more by VT students.</p>

<p>@laureenMT…do a google search for VT professor reviews the other site is normally the first option. It is better than the one you mention as it has alot of different search options such as by class number, etc. not just professor name.</p>

<p>@LaureenMT‌ everyone I know uses koo fers regularly (take space out, CC blocks the name for some reason). They post historical data pulled from the school (grade breakdown) and have reviews as well. Some professors/former students also post old course material, and you can search by professor, subject, or course.</p>

<p>@financiallylost Thanks, I couldn’t think of a creative way to tell the site name, but you nailed it.</p>