Essay Prompt #6

I am applying as undecided but I enjoy Psychology. Is it alright if I talk about a story that sparked my interest in Psychology even though I’m applying as undecided? I’m worried they will assume I’m applying as undecided just to get accepted, when really I’m just not sure if that’s what I want to do or not right now. It seems strange if I talk up about something that sparked my interested in psych and I’m not even majoring in it, especially considering that story had a major impact on my life and it was a story that took a dark turn, and I also don’t want them to think I am running away from the major because of that experience.

One’s stats and other qualifications will speak for themselves, though. Also, if one has numerous interests, entering undeclared would be good for that person.

You’ve also found something about which you want to write. Be happy that you have that, instead of your having to reach into the the corners of your mind to put something to "paper.’’ This could be your chance at a personal-statement-type essay where you pour out your thoughts on paper about some past experience as you relate it to psychology.