Exploratory Major Any Good?

Alright, so recently got denied to Purdue (mom called and they said my sole C was to blame), and instead of getting waitlisted they suggested I apply to the ‘exploratory major,’ basically undecided. Seems too good to be true - does it function like many other ‘undecided’ programs, having you apply to the major you want and hoping you get in, and if so, anyone have any experience with the system? How hard is it to get into an engineering major (preferably CS, but most likely not), or would I have a better chance waitlisting for my original major (also CS/first year engineering)?

Do you mean Computer Science (CS)? That’s in the College of Science, not Engineering.

We were there earlier this week and they mentioned starting this year, you can’t “transfer into” CS…you only get in when admitted. They also said there were 5,000 applications for CS and they’ll have a freshman class of 370 in the fall. It’s now more competitive to get into than engineering at Purdue.

My daughter is accepted into Exploratory. When we were at an admitted student day, they said there are 5 majors that are “highly selective” (nearly impossible?) to get into, as a change of degree from Exploratory. Those 5 are: Aviation tech, Computer science, cybersecurity, vet tech, and nursing. The exploratory folks made it seem like all the other majors are not going to be a problem to transfer into.
You may want to call the Exploratory folks and talk to them. I would.
Honestly, there are a lot of Purdue folks on Reddit. I would be tempted to ask them.