Second Choice Major?

I applied to the computer science program via Early Action and chose Exploratory Study (Undecided) as my second choice major. I got deferred in the Early Action and called the admission office to ask for information about the second choice major. They said that my second choice major was not considered because my application of first choice major was deferred. With the RD decisions coming out, it seems that a lot of people was put into waitlist in today’s decision release. If I get a waitlist for my first choice major, will the admission counselor consider my second choice major? I do think I have a pretty good shot on my second choice major.

My understanding is that if you’re waitlisted, that’s for both primary and secondary majors, but if I’m mistaken, hopefully someone will correct me.

Be aware that transitioning into CS is not guaranteed from exploratory studies, even if you meet the academic threshold.

@momofsenior1 Thanks for your information! I’ll make a call to confirm this. BTW, is the mathematics and computer science hard to get in like the computer science major?

@momofsenior1 I have just called the admission office. The counselor who answered the phone told me that second choice major can be considered by submitting application appeal form or the change major form. That’s very interesting. Is this an indication that the second choice major is not considered in a waitlisted decision?

I’m sorry @danielz233 but I don’t know. I hope you hear something soon.

@momofsenior1 Thanks~ I haven’t heard anything about this week’s decision. I don’t think they released any decision this Friday. Most of my friends who applied to Purdue got their decisions two weeks ago but I got nothing. T_T