FAFSA- Is it necessary to fill out? UA

My child has the presidential scholarship for UA. Is it necessary for me to fill out the FAFSA? Is this required?
We will not qualify for anything. I’m sure of that.
Thanks
Roll Tide

It is not required. The only reason you would need to complete is if you might need a federal loan to pay the remaining expenses.

…and some additional, outside scholarships that you may wish to apply for after you are admitted may require your official FAFSA EFC/report to demonstrate financial need for those scholarships.

We are in the same boat and decided not to apply.

We did not apply, and not planning to either.

We never completed FAFSA. Daughter had the Presidential and a CBH Fellowship, neither of which required it, and we knew we did not want a loan and would not qualify for any need based aid. That being the case, it wasn’t worth the time to fill it out, nor did I feel the need to disclose our financial information to anyone if there was no reason to.

Thank you for the question OP. This has been very informative and something we were just discussing at our house this weekend. We will not be filling out the FAFSA unless there is some other reason it would be needed.