Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>The new director came from U of Chicago. So they will take their time, just like U of C…</p>

<p>My son told me to chill out. He is right on. What ever will be will be.</p>

<p>The University must have found the SOAR Issue as I see that the SOAR section is back to saying:</p>

<p>“Your application is still under review. The SOAR program is limited to admitted students only. You can check your admission status in My UW or contact the Office of Admissions at 608-262-3961 or <a href=“mailto:onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu”>onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu</a>”</p>

<p>I amsure they received a lot of phone calls and/or emails from all those people that thoguht they were accepted!!</p>

<p>Or…say…US…questioning the new Director’s strong “communication” skills???</p>

<p>Response today from one of the admission counselors:</p>

<p>“We hope to get the word from upper management at anytime to begin sending out admission decisions. I will update my blog once this happens”.</p>

<p>thanks Madison…we’re all counting on you to have your finger on the pulse and keep us informed. I do feel like there’s just a group of us regulars now who are all in this together. WE WILL SURVIVE this process, it’s just a rollercoaster while living it.</p>

<p>Thanks for the update Madison. I sure hope they come before Thanksgiving. My son has all his eggs in two baskets. USC and Madison. If he doen’t get accepted to Madison (his first choice) he needs to apply to more schools. He had high GPA, ACT and all that jazz but you never know for sure!! He has had friends last year with great grades and scores who did not make it. Keeping my fingers crossed!!</p>

<p>I’m really hoping to hear before Thanksgiving! I applied in mid-October, so I’m not sure if the pre-Thanksgiving date applies. I’m also applying as an athlete, so I hope that doesn’t make the process any longer! Good luck, everybody!</p>

<p>Good luck to those who is anticipating a pre-Thanksgiving decision! I’ll be waiting for mine in February, gah!</p>

<p>Here’s the latest from the blog: [Wisconsin</a> Blogs - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/blogs/2010/11/01/new-year-new-direction/]Wisconsin”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/blogs/2010/11/01/new-year-new-direction/)</p>

<p>Dan (and everyone else), </p>

<p>Thanks again for your patience. Decisions are just around the corner. Barring some unforeseen wrench in the machine, letters will start going out Friday 11/12. </p>

<p>Keep in mind we have a LOT of decisions to get through, so PLEASE continue to be patient. As I’ve been saying all along, we ONLY guarantee a decision date of January 15 for first notification applicants. Many of you will hear well before then, but it’s not a guarantee by any means.</p>

<p>Thanks again, and On Wisconsin!</p>

<p>Posted by: Jenny
November 10, 2010</p>

<p>And more:</p>

<p>Helyn,
Admissions decisions are reflected on the MyUW Student Center two business days after the decision has been made. The letter is generated the next business day after the decision has been made.
Posted by: Jenny
November 10, 2010</p>

<p>If admissions decisions are being mailed Friday, does that mean they will be online Friday as well?
Posted by: Helyn
November 10, 2010</p>

<p>…yea right. I don’t trust Jenny now lol.
Just like they told us they’d start this week…PSH.</p>

<p>Oh man… my birthday is on the 12th and that would’ve been the sickest present ever. Too bad at the earliest I’d hear on Tuesday and I doubt I’ll be in the very first batch. Good luck to everyone though!</p>

<p>Need to wait till this Friday, Guys. I am sure good news will be in the mail.</p>

<p>Sincerely, </p>

<p>Dan</p>

<p>my daughter’s status STILL says “reviewing your application to make sure we have all materials”…she’s never progressed beyond that so I don’t know if that necessarily means that there’s no chance of her being in the first wave of notifications this Friday…even though all of the materials are recorded as having been received in September…this is SOOOOO frustrating</p>

<p>From reading Jenny’s admission blog, it sounds like some decisions will be made today, the letter will be mailed Friday and the my.wisc.edu Student Center account will reflect Thursday’s decision on Saturday.</p>

<p>posted to UW online 2 BUSINESS DAYS after decision…I don’t think Saturday will count</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure she meant decisions will officially be made tomorrow, sent on Monday, and updated online on Tuesday. This process needs to hurry up! My friend just signed a national letter of intent for Wisco and I’m beyond jealous.</p>

<p>spitfire- my status has been the same thing since i applied (early sept) as well… its sooo frustrating</p>

<p>Ahh, I see that now - 2 BUSINESS days. I was remembering when my son was admitted two years ago. The online notification was on a Saturday, and the letter he received early the next week was dated the previous Thursday. Who knows!</p>