Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>i’m hoping they stuffed a lot of envelopes today to go out in tomorrow’s mail.</p>

<p>Yeah, US Postal Service is not working today…</p>

<p>i’m going to be so sad if i’m not in the first batch. getting SO antsy.</p>

<p>Wasn’t going to check this morning because of what the blog said but I couldn’t resist: at 8am this morning her status was “Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials.”</p>

<p>I scared my husband because my first reaction was to yell “Oh my God!”. And he thought something was wrong.</p>

<p>I called the guidance office at my D’s school and they called her down and had her call me back right away. I was so excited to tell her the good news! I still can’t quite believe it after all this waiting. Huge sigh. Now I can relax. She was accepted at 3 other schools but Madison was really her first and only choice. </p>

<p>So keep checking and good luck to all of you!</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>Congratulations! No word yet for me. I submit my application on 10/3 and it has been under review since 10/20. I’m so impatient!</p>

<p>Congratulations! No word on my D’s yet. Her application has been in since 9/22 and transcripts arrived on 10/19. I sure hope she hears something this weekend.</p>

<p>WiscMomof2: What state do you live in and when was your D’s application fully completed?</p>

<p>Cmon Madison… please give me the best birthday present ever! :smiley: Also, congratulations to your daughter WiscMomOf2!</p>

<p>congratulations! pretty sure i’m going to be on high alert mode until i get a response.</p>

<p>We live in Wisconsin. Submitted the application on September 1st or 2nd. They had transcripts and everything as of September 9th. Our status never changed from the initial “We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status.” Until today that is. :)</p>

<p>It shouldn’t take longer for out of state, right…? Then again, I also applied in October.</p>

<p>We finally heard today, too! A great gift for us since we are just leaving to go to First Year Parents weekend at UW (our older son is a Freshman). Had to check one more time. Will be the best weekend now! Same timeline for submitting as WiscMomof2. All items in by September 9th and status never changed until today. We live in Madison 'burbs. Might have to bring this process up at the “Ask the Chancellor” session today. Good luck to everyone still waiting.</p>

<p>Link for admitted students (CONGRATS to all!):</p>

<p>[For</a> Admitted Students - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/admitted.php]For”>Admitted Student Checklists – Office of Admissions and Recruitment – UW–Madison)</p>

<p>My daughter is still waiting to hear. She submitted her application on September 1st and all materials were marked in as of September 2nd (Transcript, ACT Score, Application/Fee).</p>

<p>Congratulations!!!</p>

<p>CONGRATS!!! to wiscmomof2 and badgermom…you got me excited to check status but my D’s is still in the same boat. ENJOY your celebration weekend :)</p>

<p>A heart-felt congratulations to you DEVOTED and supportive MOMS of Acceptees!!! NOw, go analyze their pages for “clues” for the rest of us! Wisc Mom, SUPER interesting about that one and only status…makes the rest of us Optimistic EVERY day! Well done!</p>

<p>The only “clue” I had was this on MyUW: “The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found at <a href=“http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu”>www.newstudent.wisc.edu</a>” That showed up Wednesday afternoon I think.</p>

<p>But since we had all had that other notice about SOAR I didn’t know if it meant anything. Figured maybe it just changed for everyone?</p>

<p>It hasn’t changed for those of us who haven’t gotten decisions. The SOAR section now tells us that our apps are still being reviewed.</p>

<p>[News:</a> Admissions decisions coming soon - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/news/decisions.php]News:”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/news/decisions.php)</p>