Final Stand in the Schoolhouse Door live feed

<p>For those of you that are interested, AL.com is running a live feed of a peaceful student protest. </p>

<p>This is the article:</p>

<p>[More</a> than 500 people scheduled to protest University of Alabama segregation Wednesday morning | al.com](<a href=“http://blog.al.com/tuscaloosa/2013/09/more_than_500_people_planned_t.html]More”>More than 500 people scheduled to protest University of Alabama segregation Wednesday morning - al.com) </p>

<p>This is the live feed:</p>

<p>[Stand</a> In the Schoolhouse Door - September 18, 2013 on Livestream](<a href=“http://new.livestream.com/accounts/5489219/standintheschoolhousedoor]Stand”>http://new.livestream.com/accounts/5489219/standintheschoolhousedoor)</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up. I caught the last 25 minutes and was very impressed with the students that were interviewed. Hats off to the organizers.</p>

<p>I’m mildly unimpressed by the whole thing. Looks like the greeks blew it off.</p>

<p>Can’t speak for other “greeks” but mine was in class.<br>
Sent a message to D to ask her if she even knew about it.</p>

<p>I don’t think we need to require people to attend protests, now, to “prove” they aren’t racists.</p>

<p>If you want to go and protest, go and protest yourself.</p>

<p>First, these kids are students and belong in class.</p>

<p>This was a Malllet protest. Mallet students. It was not a school wide protest.</p>

<p>Who has a college protest at 7:15 am?</p>

<p>may be cynical but media event to coincide with the 50th anniversary (george wallace) just seems staged to me… i feel the students should have a right to protest but…</p>

<p>Have any sororities/fraternities issued statements or is it still just a hand full of greek students who have spoken out?</p>

<p>“The revolution will not be televised”</p>

<p>ldinct, that is what I thought as well. Lunch time or late afternoon would be more effective.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Was it a permitting issue?</p>

<p>it was early cause the original intent was to block entry to Rose Administration via a sit-in</p>

<p>Poetgirl, I don’t understand your negativety. Can you elaborate on what your beef was with this event? Thanks!</p>

<p>No beef. At all. </p>

<p>But the kids need to be in class. Some of them are feeling guilty and pressured to be in the 1960s. They don’t come from places like this. They want change. </p>

<p>But they are there to go to class.</p>

<p>7:15 am classes? And if anything like my son, he isn’t scheduling until 11:00 am or after!</p>

<p>I’m not following. Who felt pressured or guilty? A lot of students have busy schedules, but I think most find time for activities outside the classroom. </p>

<p>I wasn’t aware that protests ended after the 60’s.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>They are there to get an education. Not all education at a university occurs in the classroom, as so amply demonstrated these past few days.</p>

<p>Asked my D if she went. She did not even know about it till it was going on and was in class, 8:00 am class today. </p>

<p>malanai, correct, not all education goes on inside a classroom. Personally, does not sound like the word was spread far and wide far enough in advance of this event.</p>

<p>This is the group responsible for the organization of this protest:</p>

<p>[The</a> Crimson White | An open letter to our administration](<a href=“Announcements for 7/22/2010 - The Crimson White”>Announcements for 7/22/2010 - The Crimson White)</p>