Financial Aid Packages

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>Does anybody know the average financial aid package? Does the award include the loans or are those separate. I have TCU as one of my top choice schools but it is WAY expensive. But I saw that most students dont actually pay for the entire costs... My dad makes 65,000 a year and our household size is 4 and my brother is a part time college student. I did a couple of EFC calculators. The EFC usually fell around 6,000. Does that mean the school will pay the rest? I am positive that is not the case.... And do they substract from my finical aid everytime I receive scholarships from outside sources? If that is true there is no way to possibly completely pay for school with a combination of aid and scholarships... My grades won't be good enough to get any of the big three academic awards. But I could get a founders or TCU award depending on the applicant pool. I'm planning to be a music major and those audition scholarships range all the way to 12,000. As far as grants I'm not exactly sure... I rather not take loans.. I am very confused with this financial aid stuff!! Any help would be greatly appreciated..</p>

<p>no, tcu does not meet full need.</p>

<p>TCU does a terrific job of helping financially. Collegbound41 is correct in that they, as an institution, does not meet the rest but your total financial aid package should get you very close. Complete the FAFSA forms as early as possible. You will receive a Financial Aid package that details student loans, work-study, TCU grants, and scholarships that you can expect. It doesn’t come until March or April though.</p>