Financial Assistance?

Hi all! I see there is an old thread about scholarships/financial assistance, but I wanted some more recent info. Our EFC is too high to receive much financial aid, so I’m wondering if the cost will be doable for us.

We are going to need more information if you want to get back answers that are useful to you.

Certainly there are many people who find that the NPCs predict a total cost of attendance that is not affordable for them. There are a variety of ways to reduce the cost, but this usually implies choosing a university that is less expensive such as an in-state public university or a university where you can get very good merit based aid.

However, where you are going to get merit based aid will depend upon your stats (or your child’s stats). Where you are are in-state depends where you are from. Also, getting the total cost of attendance down to $40,000 per year is much different (and easier) compared to getting the total cost of attendance down to $20,000 per year.

1 Like

What’s your budget? What’s your EFC? What are your child’s stats? Would your child fill a known institutional need (ie., they want more boys and your child is a boy, they said they want more x majors and that’s what you’re child is hoping to major in, you’re URM or first gen)?