FIT Applicants - FALL 2020

Is there any notice about waitlist??? I’m still waiting for the result. Btw I got waitlisted for illustration.

Hey, i was waitlisted for AMC as a transfer and i haven’t heard anything either. I saw a girl got accepted to FBM off the waitlist though. They might be be doing it by major? when i had emailed them about it they just responded that i would hear by July.

Hi everyone! I’ve been following this thread and decided to share my updates. I applied as a transfer student for the cosmetics and fragrance marketing program. On April 3rd I was waitlisted. However, May 6th I was accepted into the CFM program! Apart from the waitlist form that you had to fill out to say you are still interested, I emailed the office of admissions a short paragraph stating why I was interested and how this program will advance/benefit my career in beauty. Hope this helps!

I’m not sure if anyone is still checking this thread but I still did not receive my final decision for waitlist. They said that it will be out on july 15, but it didn’t. I seriously don’t know what’s going on right now. Is there anyone in same situation?

Hey, i am in same situation as you. Did the school call you to ask you more questions about why you choose the programm and other stuff?

Hello, i still haven’t received anything from FIT. I was waitlisted for cfm. Please keep posted if you guys do receive anything

Hi are you a transfer student? And if so what was your major before applying to FIT? I’m also trying to apply as a transfer student into the two year fashion design program For spring 2021. I was going to apply for the one year program but My major was fine arts so I decided to apply for the two year instead.

until now I haven‘t receive anythiny.

Question for you - how did you know which classes to take to be eligible for BS program at FIT? They say you need to take “similar” classes to their AAS programs.

Can you help me understand how the transfer credits work? FIT says you need to have similar liberal arts gen ed classes as the AAS program but how did you decide which classes matched requirements?