Fordham Class of 2025 - Regular Decision Date: Mar 15

Yes I think so. 26k is listed as Dean’s scholarship and remaining is under Tuition Award

Were you offered any need-based aid?

We don’t qualify for any. Had a very high EFC. I didn’t see any section for Need Based Aid. Only Deans (26k) and Tuition Award ($10.5k) followed by a section for COA and then Unsubsidized loan for $5,500

Don’t schools consider an unsubsidized loan as need-based aid?

You were offered two merit scholarships?

Yes two different merit scholarships.

From what I know loans can be subsidized or unsubsidized but neither is considered need-based aid as it has to be paid back. All students are eligible for these loans regardless of financial status.
However, need based aids aren’t loans. They factor the students FAFSA and CSS ie financial eligibility and affordability.

Schools include loans in financial aid packages though.

Yes but these unsubsidized loans are optional - student may borrow if they wish but have to pay the loan plus interest after graduating.

My guess is that tuition award is need base aid since I believe this is based on family income and contribution.

Then I guess we don’t make enough per NY… i think my EFC was over 85K

I think some private schools use CSS_profile in addition to FAFSA and give out some grants/aids to families to attract them to their schools. Either way, Fordham is still very expensive for us, unless we win the lottery or they give us little bit more aids . :wink:

1 Like

I think tuition award is neither merit based nor need based. It is a discount on tuition to encourage admitted students to commit. It is kind of like the Bronco award ( formally called incentive award )at Santa Clara University. They are more straightforward and specifically stated that it is neither merit nor need based.

1 Like

So we are hoping something will change in mid-March for the scholarship/financial aid amount?

Did admission into the global business honors program come with your admission letter?

Yes. I got an email the same day offering me a full-tuition scholarship that also said I was invited to the program.

2 Likes

Anyone getting portal updates for aid? Hoping to start seeing amounts posted soon.

Some people received emails with financial aid. I am still waiting.

Still waiting on the financial aid details for my D21

Still waiting as well.

Nothing in portal is updated. There is even no such a tab for financial aid. The aid information we received was from an email.

im still waiting!