Fordham Class of 2025 - Regular Decision Date: Mar 15

Not yet. My son was accepted EA.

1 Like

My son received notification of some very limited aid (compared to other schools) about a week or more ago. He received some merit aid and then the offer of a $5,500 unsubsidized federal loan. I didn’t expect to qualify for much if any fed aid but was hoping for a little more merit aid from the school. We also got a packet in the mail with the exact same info about a day ago.

We received sons full package in mail and also in an email with an attachment letter.

Is it fine if I still haven’t received anything

Did you apply EA and have not received a decision letter?

No, EA And no aid decision yet

Are they sending out acceptance packages and information about money through the mail to everyone? Should we be expecting email and mail confirmation about both?

I should have mentioned that my son was accepted EA

i believe more financial aid packages are being sent out in early Feb

Just finished the virtual seminar with Fordham, and they said April 1 will be the final package.

Does it mean Fordham may give out more money? Even without being asked?

1 Like

Does anyone know if CSS wasn’t filled out in time if child will still be considered for admission?

I was on the virtual seminar as well. Fordham is sending out the financial aid packages in waves. I think that means that the last of the aid packages will be sent by April 1st. They will not automatically give people additional financial aid. If you want to be reconsidered for additional aid, you need to reach out.

2 Likes

I think the CSS is just required to be considered for any financial aid, including merit money. It does not affect chances of admission.

1 Like

Merit should be merit and tied into CSS Profile assets. But that’s not the case with FU

What do you mean?

Hi @ttb1263 . Would you mind sharing your daughter’s stats?

GPA: 4.0 UW/4.79 W
ACT: 36
EC: Average - piano/violin (13 years) , First Aids Unit (3 years), clubs, etc …

1 Like

Daughter got accepted EA at Rose Hill. Got fin aid award, but it’s a lot for my husband and I, especially because we have a young one in middle school. She emailed fin aid office, and they said they will be sending her an email within the next few days with a personalized appeal checklist. Has anyone else done this yet? Advice?

confused by what you are saying… merit is not the same as financial aid. Merit should not be tied to the CSS but tied to the student’s past academic performance.

1 Like