Fraternity!

Which fraternities at UW-Madison party the most?

Since so few UW students (10%?) go Greek there will be plenty of social life with partying beyond Langdon St. And- most won’t care.

Trust me, house/apartment parties are way better.

DU, TKE were outrageous during my time. Big plus of joining are the organized parties with sororities. It’s nice to occasionally wear a suit and tie and have a date that is equally in formal attire. All grown up and stuff. Never will happen in dorm/house/apt life and for most that’s okay.

caveat: over half of the fraternities were either on suspension or probation during 2016 for alcohol violations.

That plus assumes you want to associate with the small numbers that join sororities instead of the other 90%…

Eons ago we figured those who joined were unable to do well like the rest of us. We saw limitations. Son’s era did not seem any different. Great campus without those. UW alumni are not Greek dependent for networking et al.

Greek life is on the ropes at a number of public flagships. I think both IU and Ohio State have suspended recruiting and social activities for all chapters. My kid was involved in greek life at UW; many, but not all, of his fraternity brothers were excellent students in demanding majors.

[QUOTE=""]
That plus assumes you want to associate with the small numbers that join sororities instead of the other 90%...<<

[/QUOTE]

Ones circle of friends and acquaintances is not limited by membership in a frat or sorority. You meet others by going to class, joining clubs, participating in intramural sports. We are all “members” of a group to the exclusion of others. It’s called life.

You’d never get the advice not to join the band because it is a small group,maybe only 1% of the student body. And they’ve been known to get a little wild and drink beer.