Freelancing, teaching online, affiliate marketing... Good part-time job options for students?

Hello everyone. Let me start by telling you how happy I am I found this forum. It’s amazing to see both students and parents in the same place sharing advice and offering support when needed. My little sister started university last year, that’s the main reason I’m here. It’s so hard having her so far from home. I’m ten years older than her, so you can imagine, I see her as my baby. Anyway, before I get all sentimental (although it might be too late for that), I’ll go straight to the point of my post. I saw a great thread here that inspired me to start this topic. Lots of kids have to work while studying and I thought it would be good to share some tips, red flags, and resources that could help or at least point them in the right direction.

*I mentioned examples of some online sources of income since I myself work remotely, but basically, any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you so much for contributing, @avalanchetempo and @fluteflowerpool! I wasn’t familiar with half of the things you talked about, so this is turning out to be an educational experience for me too.

I did some content writing back in the day, so I can add what I heard from old colleagues about Chat GPT. Talking about bad reputation, a large number of content writers (or at least they like to think they are, seems to me) started using this AI tool and we can see the same-pattern low-quality pieces everywhere, even on forums. The thing is, this tool requires good prompts that only a skillful person can come up with after hours of testing. Then and only then it can actually save you time and produce decent content, which will still require some editing and fact-checking. For example, you can write blog articles a lot faster but it’s not a magic wand.

The way I see it, many things can be “good” or “bad” depending on how you use/do them.

Glad to be of help!
And you’re correct about ChatGPT, it can do more harm that good if mishandled. Duplicate content doesn’t help a budding site, and if everyone uses the same AI tool to craft a “solution” on the same handful of topics - well, it becomes a problem.
That’s not to say that students should avoid ChatGPT at all times - it is excellent for dealing with “writers’ blocks” - but it can’t exactly “mimic” a fresh, well researched article supported by references. And that’s a simple fact

Closing temporarily for review

1 Like