Freshman professor advice

<p>i'm going to be majoring in biology (B.S). according to the a&m course catalog, my freshman schedule will look something like this-</p>

<p>first semester- </p>

<p>biol 111
chem 101
chem 111
(i think i tested out of eng 104)
math 147
kine 198</p>

<p>second semester-</p>

<p>biol 112
chem 102
chem 111
(might have tested out of a communication elective)
math 148
kine 199</p>

<p>based on ratemyprofessor.com, i've been trying to find the best professors for these classes so i'll know who to sign up for at the NSC. so far, i've come up with - </p>

<p>biol 111/112- Mindy Walker, Karl Aufderheide</p>

<p>chem 101/102 - Simon North, Latif Chouai, Dwight Conway, Masud Monwar</p>

<p>chem 111/112 - couldn't find anyone</p>

<p>math 147/148 - couldn't find anyone</p>

<p>can anyone help improve my list? thanks.</p>

<p>S1 uses MyEdu.com religiously when planning his schedule! Good luck.</p>

<p>Hey! I am going to be freshman molecular&cell biology major in fall 2012 too. It’s good to know that I am not the only one researching professors. For chem 101/102 - I found professor dr kennicutt (spelling something like that) to be good. Seems like she gives extra credit and even post all old final and midterm exams and notes on her website. I am definitely going to sign with her for chemistry. I haven’t looked into other professors yet for other areas. Good luck! A suggestion… go to texas a&m class schedule database, click on fall 2011, select the course, and it will give you a list of all the class times with professors and MOST IMPORTANTLY its syballus. I look at the syballus to see what the professor expects and how the class is graded. This would help you too.</p>

<p>bump10char</p>

<p>bump10char</p>

<p>Bump10chhar</p>

<p>For CHEM 101/102, Monwar is great. His accent isn’t bad at all, his tests are really fair, and he has a witty sense of humor.</p>

<p>For CHEM 111/112, you’ll have a TA for the lab, meaning you won’t be able to choose a teacher. Just choose a time good for you and cross your fingers for a good TA, because those sections stay as “TBA” for their teacher until you go to the first lab.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>