GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

maybe we should connect our daughters! Both in Biomedical!

1 Like

My daughter got admitted to Computer Engineering!

OOS(Texas) for EA2
Major: Computer Engineering
GPA: 4.0(unweighted), 5.497(weighted)
SAT: 1570
IB diploma candidate
Many AP/IB classes with all 5 in AP
Marching band, DECA, NHS and lots of other school clubs with leadership positions in many of these clubs
Good amount of volunteer hours
NASA SEES Summer internship
Additional CS courses outside school
Part-time job

6 Likes

Sounds good!

My son got accepted into Biomedical Engineering

CA resident
1570 SAT
4.7 GPA
8 APs mostly 5
8 dual enrollment
Strong extracurricular, internships
Good recommendations

5 Likes

My son got in.
Had the Pay Now button.
Electrical Engineering
FL (:puerto_rico:)
IBDP 4.69 w a lots of AP/IB/DE
ACT: 35
Great LOR,
EC: academic competitions and clubs (math, Sci, Engineering), Engineering Internship, tutor, youth baseball coach
Top 2% of graduating class

6 Likes

when do we receive a financial award letter?

I saw in FB that ppl from other years said in the spring.

april 1st

Does anyone know what percentage of deferred applicants get in RD? Does GT defer most applicants EA or do I still have a chance if I got deferred and not rejected?

1 Like

I don’t know the stats, but I have heard many parents, from other years, say that their kids got in after deferral.

There is a group in FB for current and potential GT students and parents you can ask there.

1 Like

https://lite.gatech.edu/lite_script/dashboards/admissions.html

Congrats to anyone who was accepted! Not sure whether these statistics are 100% accurate, but considering they come directly from Georgia Tech’s website, I am inclined to believe there is some truth to them. Apparently, of the 36,902 OOS applicants (not sure how much of this was EA2 vs. RD), 451 have been accepted so far. Last year Georgia Tech admitted 6,008 students OOS, so rest assured, there are many spots left.

1 Like

EA1 deferred here. I’m kind of confused. On the FAQ page when I was first deferred, it said 2/3 of deferred applicants ultimately get accepted. Now, it says 1/3. On the Instagram highlights for the Counselor takeover, 48 weeks ago they said over the past 5 years, deferred students had a admit rate on average of 24%. But 3 weeks ago, the same counselor said deferred students over the past few years, they were able to admit a majority. So, as you can tell, I’m very very confused on what number is accurate as there are major discrepancies (2/3, 1/3, 24%, or majority).

Regarding the EA1 stats, 38% were accepted, 38 were deferred and the rest were denied. Not sure about EA2

1 Like

There were about 21,000 OOS applications in EA 2 according to GA Tech Admission’s Blog. The November 2 deadline is for OOS EA 2 btw. So if their numbers are correct, then OOS EA 2 acceptance rate is about 2.1% (451/21000).

“We will thank the team for their great work to get us to this point. Over 21,000 applications reviewed (many having been read two or three times) since the November 2 deadline. For those scoring at home that’s 21,000+ different stories, writing samples, and letters of recommendation.”

2 Likes

Wow, a .9 percent admit rate for OOS Computer Sci majors ?!? 88 out of 9885 OOS applicants admitted. Sheesh. That is harsh.

Keep in mind some of those 9,885 OOS CS applicants applied RD and not EA2 and were not considered in this round. Nonetheless, the acceptance rate was still abysmally low.

1 Like

Actually I think that includes regular admission, too? When I select just EA, I can’t get a result, but when I select EA plus International, I get 22 OOS acceptances for CS out of 2283 applicants, for a 1 percent admit rate.

Hey all: Was accepted, did have the pay now button!
OOS student
1560 SAT
5s on all AP sciences except CSA/CSP or Phys C. Also 5s on APHG, AP Lang, AP CalcAB.
800 Math II
Applied CBME/Psychology.
My ECs included lots of employment, volunteering, and school organizations (primary ones were actually more humanities oriented, but some science ones as well).
My LOR was probably very good at least in the eyes of GT (science teacher with very technically oriented perspective)
My GT essays were interesting but heavy: One was about a sports injuries after joining a team as a sophomore and learning about a journey being harder than a decision. One was about mental health and related to a GT student I know who passed away from it, without going into more details, and how I want to study medicinal chemistry. Hope that helps any future applicants, and if you were deferred or rejected today, remember that this whole process is absolutely unpredictable and crazy : /

2 Likes

What is not correct?

Deferred EA2. OOS Indian Male for CS.

1 Like

Looks like they are being very conservative with acceptances.

2 Likes