GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

Definitely. I wonder why? Did they over accept/over enroll last year with all the uncertainty? Or maybe they are accounting for freshmen from last year taking gap years?

Interesting. But clearly, these are very conservative numbers this year.

What is the actual OOS CS acceptance rate?

My son was accepted. OOS

ACT 35
SAT Subject tests: Math 2 800 Chemistry 800
GPA 4.3
7 APs at time of applying. 5 5s. will finish with 11 AP classes
Well rounded EC activities

1 Like

Very few gap year freshmen from last year. They have said they have an intention to increase enrollment over last year and that gap years won’t affect this year. I want to say there were less than 100? I am wondering if the overload of applications meant they couldn’t read all of them and deferred? Or maybe they are trying to figure out yield based on deposits?

1 Like

10-14%

Guys that’s not the right numbers lol. It probably doesn’t contain all the numbers from today’s release. Think about it, usually 20% admit rate for GT. .9% wouldn’t even be right for an IVY.

It’s actually pretty close. If you assume about 56 percent of the 9881 OOS applicants for CS were EA2 as opposed to RD, then 84 acceptances is about a 1.5 percent acceptance rate. I’m getting the 56% by extrapolating from the total of 21000 EA2 apps out of the roughly 36000 total OOS apps. So, maybe not .9 percent, but not a lot higher than that for EA2. That includes internationals, as well. There were 20 international CS acceptances.

The numbers have to include the numbers from today’s release because they are OOS acceptances which did not come out until today.

eta: GT’s acceptance rate overall for CS OOS is somewhere between 10 and 14 percent as noted above, not 20 percent (at least for fall admission).

Someone said above that there was a 2.6% OOS EA2 acceptance rate. I can guarantee you it is not correct. They usually release the official numbers a couple days after decision release just like they did with EA1 (38% admit).

1 Like

I agree with you. The admit rate is simply way too low to be accurate. Some are speculating that the number of accepted students on the site only reflects Stamps semifinalists, which would make a little more sense. Regardless, as you said, they will probably release the actual statistics in the coming days.

2 Likes

I very much agree with this statement. Not to be mean, but it should be pretty obvious to everyone that those are not accurate.

Not that the following add anything to the discussion, but there is a lack of #gt25 and #igotin posts this year, after today’s decisions. Compared to last year.

3 Likes

Do you happen to know how many EA1 apps they had this year? They don’t break down the numbers between EA and RD, unfortunately.

Also, are there 450 Stamps Semifinalists for EA2? That seems like a lot, but I don’t know much about that program.

Don’t know much about Stamps either. 45,300 applicants combined RD + EA. 27,618 EA 1+ 2 applicants (more than 6000 being EA1 so about 21000 being EA2). 2,300 admitted during EA1, 2,300 deferred, the rest denied. But they do tend to admit more in-state than out-of-state so keep that in mind. But 2.2% acceptance rate for EA2 is definitely not accurate.

1 Like

Wasn’t there something passed recently in Georgia that the state wanted to have 90 percent of the EA class admitted as in state applicants? If so, that might make the numbers make more sense. Of course, it could all even out in RD.

2 Likes

My twins got in today! OOS for CS and OOS for business admin. My daughter wants to pursue CS but is confused between her admission at UT Austin CS or Georgia Tech CS, what do you guys think? Is there a big difference in education between CS and business at GT and UT? We also live in Austin so instate tuition.

4 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/gatech/comments/65gnbs/georgia_tech_vs_ut_austin_for_cs/

1 Like

Hmmm. It’s seems weird that your D21 did not get accepted to EA round given that she had near perfect test scores and sufficient ECs for Gatech.

2 Likes

Was your D21 deferred as well? That’s ok – it seems we are all in good company, lol!

My son got in, OOS!
36 ACT
4.0/4.4
10 AP’s
1 dual enrollment Multivariable Calculus
Club and varsity Swimmer
Drummer
Robotics club president
summer volunteer work ( a few others but common ones)
Congratulations to everyone that got in and fingers crossed for the deferred!

3 Likes

2020 Official EAII Data (from school counselor)

Admitted: 14%
Deferred: 23%
Transfer pathway: 12%
Canceled application: 4%

73 countries
1889 high schools

Deferred students with high senior grade usually gets admitted due to GaTech’s low yield rate.

2 Likes