Gay Social life at Binghamton?

<p>Is there a gay scene / LGBT-friendly atmosphere at BU? Also, is the Greek Life friendly enough for a gay guy to join a frat? Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>The atmosphere is definitely LGBT-friendly. Probably the main club is RPU, Rainbow Pride Union-- if you have any questions I’d definitely recommend sending them a message. There’s another LGBT club called Shades but I know less about it. I don’t have any personal experience with frats. Good luck!</p>

<p>Like rebeccar said there is a club for LGBT students called the Rainbow Pride Union. They are generally pretty active on campus. The gay community at Binghamton tends to be small but close-knit. There is also a gay bar downtown called Merlins but its more popular with community members than students. Binghamton is a liberal school and you are unlikely to face discrimination.</p>

<p>Unfortunately I do not recommend joining greek life at this school. They don’t have a really good reputation on campus and are mostly known for their extreme hazing practices and out of control partying than their philanthropy or community service. I’m sure there are exceptions but most groups on and off campus fall into this stereotype. There are many other clubs and groups you could join if you want to make friends.</p>

<p>Thanks for the insight ! I will definitely look further into your suggestions :smile: @sprinkles12 @rebeccar </p>