George Washington Honors program

My son just got accepted to GW. Does anyone have any insights into when they announce for GW honors program? Also, does it typically come with additional scholarships?

They should have already been released. I can see my acceptance to the honors program when I scroll to the bottom of my applicant portal.
As far as I’m aware, there is no additional scholarship money that comes with an acceptance to the honors program.

From my background as an honors student, every honors student I met qualifies for the Presidential Scholarship. That is a merit award available to anyone and I think is based on HS GPA but I may be wrong.

I’m in the honors program right now as a sophomore, honors acceptances come out at the same time as your university acceptance, it will be somewhere on the page that explains the portals with a message that says something like “Welcome to the University Honors Program - Let us know if you would like to accept the position!” I don’t believe there is any formal connection between honors and merit scholarships, like it doesn’t say anywhere that it’s guaranteed, but I have also never met an honors student who doesn’t have a Presidential Scholarship. The amounts I know of vary, but my guess would be that if you’re qualified for the program then they see you as qualified for a merit scholarship, so the two coincide