George Washington Regular Decision 2026

If you look, let me know. They have really ragged me around about this.

Same for my daughter. Were you able to learn more information about the Paris program?

1 Like

For those of you going to Admitted Student Day, what hotel are you staying at? Just curious as I’m starting to look for something reasonable and close

We stayed at the Hotel Lombardy right off campus when we visited. It was reasonable, great location and clean. I would stay there again.

Thanks @txmom0f3!

1 Like

The State Plaza is actually on campus. It’s not 5 stars but it’s adequate.

1 Like

Anon48693 - Tried to PM you but your settings won’t allow. There is no mention of the merit offer in my daughter’s costs in the portal, either. I will email or call tomorrow. What dept was it that told you that the CSS was needed for merit - did you start with admissions rep or financial aid? Or do I remember you said an IT person? I will start with the opposite and see what I get

Huh! I get private messages. I don’t know why. I’ll look!

I contacted both but it was financial aid that got back to me. The admissions rep just said to contact financial aid!

Good luck! They can’t get her GW email working either!

1 Like

Anyone’s DD on the conservative side looking for a roommate lol. My daughter is concerned about peace in the dorm room.

1 Like

TBH politics is not usually what causes Strife with roommates, if its not discussed (and most of the time this is not what girls discuss). Maybe the republican club has incoming freshman who have reached out already?

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t know. The group they’ve formed for roommates is already pretty political. Asks them to identify pronouns and descriptions of roommates they are looking for. She reached out to the Republican club and a lot of this I think is her problem as she refuses to use pronouns as she things it’s “ridiculous”. I told her then you are looking to stand out but she doesn’t want to “conform” against her opinion, which I get but it’s inviting trouble if she’s the only one who won’t just her pronouns. I said “what’s the big deal” and she just thinks it’s not unfair that she “has to” and that her feelings about it seem to be ignored in favor of others. She’s also looked into the LGBTQ, which she would also want to be a part of, but it also seems very political. There is no log cabin Republican group on campus. Maybe she can start one, but it’s not like politics is her life, she just doesn’t want to be ostracized because she goes against the norm. She already is saying she’s going to have to transfer, and she hasn’t even gotten there yet, lol. I told her every college campus is going to lean left, so she should grow up and be more flexible and just not talk about it. But, she’s young and head strong.

send me a DM.

What is the best way to find roommates at GW?

Facebook group

Have you received an updated admission letter for Spring? We keep checking the portal but still not there.

My DD was accepted which was surprising with some $$. Going to be a long few weeks she is a moderate-leaning more republican but is considering not going as she feels she won’t be accepted. I wish you luck with your student.

DD accepted GW ($), GMU ($), SDSU and CalPoly Slo. Honors at GM, SDSU. Interest is politics with potential law school. We are on west coast and DD more moderate/conservative and is concerned cannot fit into the GW culture because she thinks much more liberal. This is school she has always wanted to attend since young. Didn’t like GMU at least for undergrad–too far from home and seems harder to get to geographically. Any have experience with any of the schools and additional thoughts? Looking at internships, study abroad. We are going to SDSU this weekend and just returned from Calpoly which is amazing but probably on the small/isolated side for her.

My daughter in same boat. If your DD decides in GW, let’s set them up to room maybe. She’s also moderate/conservative. My daughter is going to roll the dice on it.

1 Like

sounds good. We are in the process so will connect in few weeks once have made decisions

great. good luck