Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

179 messages on this thread with 150 of them speculating about Text messages and Slate updates! Worst thread ever :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wait until you see the Yale thread. It’s 95% discourse about whether getting a certain financial aid form on your portal means you’ve gotten in.

5 Likes

I read on fb that someone got an email from Georgetown that decisions are being announced Saturday. Did everyone get that email? My daughter did not.

Asked my son and he did not receive an email

same position as everyone else on this thread. I’ve been getting the HOYAlerts since they started and my slate moved to decided yesterday

2 Likes

Considering Sat is the first I hope they are released by then. I was thinking maybe they intentionally wait until after IVY day but I can’t imagine that many students actually go through the trouble of withdrawing right away. Maybe it’s like a Movie release and they want their own spotlight for a day? Regardless we’ll know sometime in the next 5 days!

Ok so no Hoya alert and a slate change a while back - not great for my kid? Is that what I’m reading?
Also - any chance for a surprise release today??

The hoya alerts don’t mean anything if you read earlier in the thread

2 Likes

I think everyone is thinking way too much into this. Georgetown’s release dates have varied over the years from as early as March 20 (a few years back) to March 29 (last year). It may be as simple as decisions are released once they are all finalized. That said, perhaps a call to the admissions office would give a more precise time frame for this year’s decisions, if anyone is willing. :wink:

I don’t believe any of these random posts than people make and you shouldn’t either. They say by April 1st, on their website, every year. Last year it was released on Tuesday March 29th (so today is essentially the equivalent day) and last year it was March 21st. There are no clues from texts, emails, or anything else regarding who is admitted, waitlisted or rejected. Last year they only announced on twitter that decisions were released after they actually released them and not before. So, it could come out any minute, later this evening, or any day up to and including April 1st itself.

2 Likes

So wait, last year there was no prior announcement? What time did they come out?

I do not know if there was a prior announcement, but I read somewhere that they were released at 7pm.

the wait is KILLING me. i really hope it’s today, just so i can weigh my options before Ivy Day.

1 Like

It was 3/26 in 2021 at around 6pm. If there was any notice, there was very little.

1 Like

I have no idea when they came out, but their announcement on twitter was at 8pm.

I posted maybe a week ago - according to last year’s cc threads - last year decisions were released on 3/29. it was announced via email to applicants around 5pm or so, and then the first mention of decisions on the message board was a few minutes prior to 7pm.

2 Likes

Just called the Undergraduate Admissions office, results will be out Thursday or Friday.

13 Likes

The College Confidential calendar also has Saturday.

1 Like

that’s just because it’s “by april 1st”

1 Like

does anyone have any actual information on decision date?