Georgia Tech Admissions Fall 2022

Did anyone get an email about a Ga Tech email address being created for them??

No, I didnā€™t get that email

Guess Iā€™m rejected

1 Like

What do you mean? Can you take a screenshot?

I canā€™t find anything like that on reddit so I donā€™t think it is related to admissions tho

5 Likes

Omg looks like youā€™re accepted

1 Like

only RD or deferred? I saw two people who got the email who were both deferred to RD

D22 got in!!! She was deferred (EA). GT pretty much winds up the EA journey now. Time for regular decisions.

5 Likes

OOS waitlisted

I got in and Iā€™m literally still shocked. I am just shocked. I have been accepted to places that I never would have imagined and now I donā€™t know what to do other than throw up! I need input on the environment at GT. Of course their engineering is amazing!! But Iā€™ve heard theyā€™re not super collaborative and itā€™s really really toughā€¦I need honest replies from people who know. Not speculation. Do they give you your major or do you have to compete for it? I need help! :face_vomiting::face_vomiting: I can barely thinkā€¦Iā€™m that shocked

5 Likes

No competition for major and donā€™t have to apply to major and risk not being accepted. You can change once without penalty. Tech is tough but everyone is working hard since it is a STEM school. Not like schools with broader majors where the engineering/architecture work much harder than everyone. My son has found it very collaborative. Congratulations!

2 Likes

You donā€™t need to compete for major. Even the hottest CS major, you can still easily transfer into

1 Like

Daughter accepted! Aerospace Engineering OOS
4.33 UW, 32 ACT
Also accepted: UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, USC, UDub
4 year varsity Golf, Captain.
Many EC.

7 Likes

Thanksā€¦Iā€™m kinda freaking out and not thinking clearly ā€¦also itā€™s Friday and Iā€™m so tired. Thanks for your help

Accepted

Out-of-State (Virginia)

4.63 Weighted GPA/4.0 Un-Weighted GPA

1570 SAT (13 APs: 6x 5, 1x 4, 6x In-Progress)

Extra-Curriculars: F.B.L.A. President, Class President, Debate Captain, Non-Profit Founder, Model U.N. Delegate + More

Awards: 2x State Debate Champion, 2x State F.B.L.A. Champion, National Merit Recipient (Finalist in LoCI), AP Scholar w/ Distinction + More

Major: Business Administration (Scheller)

Financial Aid: Kinda Need-Based

5 Likes

DS got accepted after a deferral from EA2. He will be in the College of Design and Architecture.

6 Likes

Are we supposed to get the financial aid offer later? I didnā€™t see anything about it in my acceptance letter

1 Like

Mid April

2 Likes

My EA deferred daughter accepted for CS. Also got in CS at USC. And Rice with scholarship and amazing aid. She is over the moon!

On spring break visiting other schools that were EA decisions. No idea how we will make these other visits in a month. Also other daughter (triplets) got in USC! Lots of schools to consider/visit in a month!

7 Likes

Is the first-gen transfer pathway program guaranteed if we meet the minimum requirements? I heard many places on Reddit said yes but just want to confirm about this.