Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

First of all, It’s a great achievement by itself to be into one of the top engineering colleges in the US and to be a stamps semi-finalist (and probably a finalist). Congratulations and be proud!!!

If it were a general scholarship like co-cola or something like that level, I would put. If any new admisions I don’t think you might want to put in. Being a GT stamps scholar doesn’t demonstrate you are a fit for MIT.

1 Like

To put it more bluntly, this could do more harm than good. MIT is so selective that they could fill their classes many times over and not miss an individual.

1 Like

Congratulations!

Do you mind sharing details such as major , GPA, scores etc.?

So we have 5 more days to decision … any “leading indicators” we can start speculating about or lose sleep over? :smiley:

Portal astrology :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Oh, we never did that last year. Never. Not once. Didn’t even consider it.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck!!

a new phrase for my wordle dictionary :slight_smile:

I learned that here

1 Like

I was told there was a magical pay now button? I wonder if my son has this.

I feel that someone will create an entire cottage industry of portal astrology indicators for various schools. I’m shocked it hasn’t been done already.

1 Like

Are there enough paying customers for that?

LOL. Judging by some of the other forums, it is quite a prominent practice for students awaiting decisions. UT Austin’s applicants alone are awaiting a code cracker. I think Georgia Tech isn’t too far behind based on last year’s posts.

1 Like

They already have!. I think we are in it :wink:

1 Like

I’m a lurker on this thread… my son got into GT last January EAII. I have two younger sons in high school, so I’m sticking around on these boards in preparation for the second and third rounds :joy:

Last year, the ‘Pay Now’ button was an a true indicator of admission. It appeared in Oscar a day or two before the decisions. It was very stressful because, having the button got our hopes up, but we didn’t know if it was going to be accurate or not!

Good luck to everyone - we can’t wait to welcome new Yellow Jackets!

3 Likes

where would this button be found in OSCAR?

In EA1 (December 2021), GA Tech turned off any payments for any students prior to admissions decisions. There was a message to all current students that no payments would be accepted until after decisions were out. I think it was starting Friday until Saturday afternoon. This effectively eliminated the “pay now” button.

2 Likes

Oh no!!! How will we spend all of Friday and half a day Saturday?? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I received a request from GT to submit CSS, has anyone else received that?

I did soon after I applied.

1 Like

My S received it and a request to fill out other financial aid forms. The CSS is due Jan 31 I think, and it seems to not have a bearing on admission decisions.

1 Like