Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Georgia Institute of Technology offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at Georgia Tech is October 18 for GA Residents and November 1 for Non-GA Residents.

Application Plan 2022 Application Deadline Document Deadline Decision Release
Early Action 1
Georgia Students Only Monday, October 18 November 1 December 11
Early Action 2
Non-Georgia Students Only Monday, November 1 November 15 January 29
Regular Decision Wednesday, January 5 January 19 TBA

For more information visit the Georgia Institute of Technology page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Georgia Tech applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Georgia Institute of Technology? Why Georgia Tech? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Georgia Tech topics visit the georgia-institute-of-technology tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Georgia Tech Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

This is not correct. The October 15 date is for Georgia residents only

1 Like

If one gets accepted GA Tech through EA, do they have to commit in Dec itself? Can we wait until decisions are received from our reach colleges (IVY’s) ?

The commitment date is the same for EA and RD, generally May 1

Thanks. Then it seems as Georgia resident better to apply for EA. Usually 7 to 10 kids from my Daughter’s school every year goes to Tech.

2 Likes

I would edit the wiki but I don’t see the option. Here is a link to the application deadlines per GA Tech.

https://admission.gatech.edu/freshman/first-year-deadlines-fees

2 Likes

Thank you, @skieurope. I edited the wiki. ETA: and earned a wiki editor badge! LOL :rofl:

2 Likes

You can wait to commit. However, you may want to go ahead and pay the dorm fee and sign the dorm contract as that is something that is better done earlier. There was not enough dorm space this year for those who waited til the last minute. Your preference to choose dorm is based on when fee is paid and contract is executed. It is around 800 but some is refundable if you cancel and commit elsewhere.

4 Likes

This year that was especially true. The regular decision acceptance rate (for those who applied RD or who were deferred EA) was only 11 percent.

Good for you! I just edited the UGA one. The acceptance rate was off by 20 percent!!

How easy is to change major at the Tech? We did the virtual session for GT, it seems easy enough though. My daughter is divided between Applied Math and CS. Applying to the Tech in EA.

1 Like

Per tech website, applying EA is must if one is looking to apply for some of those main scholarships.

2 Likes

When do decisions start coming out for EA? Is that on specific day or is that rolling ?

In-state will hear early or mid December. Out of state in January.

Last year was December 4 and January 23, so December 3 and January 22 would be good bets. Possibly a week later.

They all come out on the same day. They even specified “Friday evening” and “Saturday afternoon”.

https://ece.gatech.edu/news/641886/georgia-tech-admission-delivers-early-action-1-decisions

What exact funds are tied to CSS profile at Georgia Tech? We have filed FAFSA, but not planning on filing CSS. Are there grants, scholarships associated with FAFSA other than student loan?

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out the same thing. I can’t tell if you have to do both to be considered for any merit aid (regardless of financial need).

Got email from them that need to submit application for financial aid. In that it said if for institutional scholarship only (which is very limited) then donot have to do css.

1 Like

Received an Email including a GATech ID# asking for additional documentation to finalize the financial aid file thru ‘OSCAR’. Any thoughts? Thanks