Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Same with UGA. Up 21% for EA. Up 10% overall. There’s clearly a trend to applying early, which I think is smart. Two years ago the RD acceptance rate for Georgia Tech was 11%, in large part because of higher than normal acceptances EA and higher yield. Same thing happened at UVA for RD the last several years.

Last year 50,601 students applied. Of those applicants, 17% were offered admission. The admit rate for Georgia students was 35%; for non-Georgia students the admit rate was 13%. More

1 Like

Thanks is there a breakdown by major anywhere of the acceptance rates?

1 Like

There is a breakdown by major In the most recent fact book. It’s not broken down by in state/out of state. Fact Book | Institutional Research & Planning.

It looks like this is for entering class of 2021.

4 Likes

Have they posted when Ea2 results are out? The more we research on GA tech, the more we like the school.

Late January. Follow Rick Clark the admissions Director on Twitter as well as Georgia Tech admission. It will be posted there first.

2 Likes

52300 applications recieved!

For EA2? Wow that seemed to double from previous years. Or is that total for all three phases?

I read a comment left by another parent on the web that if you are out of state and submitted EA2 but didn’t have mid term grades available by the deadline there is a higher chance of deferral. Does anyone know if this is true for OOS?

Can’t imagine this to be true. Many schools have completed marking period 2 or have mid-year grades available yet. In NJ they won’t be available until nearly March.

1 Like

Us too- mid to late feb. We are near the end of 2nd quarter and have mid term exams all next week.

it is a wonderful school! Our daughter just began her second semester and it has been such a positive experience. Difficult, challenging, and overwhelming at times, but she loves it! She’s with “her” people (work hard, play hard).

2 Likes

Lots of good information in this link, thanks!

That’s total, including RD.

1 Like

Total

1 Like

Which univ and major?

Does the school have strong performing arts like theater, a cappella groups, and dance?

2 Likes

There are a variety of performing arts at Georgia Tech. Drama tech is the drama troop, I believe there’s more than one a cappella group and multiple dance groups.

4 Likes

I heard that it is hard to get classes and classes are huge? Is that correct?

My dd had 200 or so in some lectures. The registrations system is frustrating, but it seems to work out just fine. Phase 1 & Phase 2. Most students get what they need in Phase 2.

1 Like