Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

but GT’s EAII Document deadline is 11/15, how could we submit mid-term grades??

1 Like

Someone mentioned before how we can know if decision has been made by looking at certain part of the portal. Anyone recall?

That is the deadline for EA 1 consideration. If you applied EA one, I assume you’ve been deferred? You just have your school send your midterm grades to Georgia Tech and they can put it in your file. You can also self report them on the portal. Or you can add them to your deferred statement which is due January 31.

If you’re an EA2 applicant and haven’t heard yet, you can have your school send midterm grades or you can upload to your portal. Given that EA 2 is likely coming out in the next week or two they probably will not be considered at this date. If you want them to be considered in case you’re deferred, I would go ahead and send.

1 Like

It’s not in the portal, it’s in Oscar. And it won’t show up until the afternoon of decision release day. It used to be there was a pay now button in Oscar, and you had access to reserve books in the library but all that has been disabled. However, if you look at Oscar the afternoon of decision release, click on financial aid tab, then click on financial aid, all admitted students will see a hyperlink for my award letter or my offer letter. There won’t be anything in the document but if the link exists then you’re in. That worked 100% of the time for my son’s friends this fall. It also was accurate two years ago. It worked for all, even those who did not apply for financial aid. Of course that presumes they don’t close that hack, which they very well may.

It only gives you a heads up of a few hours.

Yes registration is very frustrating, and kids have to really pay attention to be sure they don’t miss the notice that a waitlist spot has opened. It all seems to work out, particularly in phase 2, even for entering freshmen. Now people may need to take classes at times that don’t prefer, like 8 AM, or they may need to take things in a different sequence than they would like, But I think parents are generally more frustrated about it then students.

And yes some of the intro classes that everyone has to take are large, because the goal is to move entering students through them in an efficient manner. Many of these large classes will have a once a week small class, not sure what they call them now but used to be recitation, with a TA. This sort of class-size is typical at all medium to large universities. Classes get smaller as you progress through your major. However, if you want a school with small class sizes Georgia Tech, and most any large university, is not the place. Some schools address this by having an Honors College with smaller versions of these large required lecture classes (UGA for example), but I don’t think honors classes at Georgia Tech do this. Honors at Georgia Tech is really just a living learning community, not an honors college.

Where does likely next week come from? Last year it was noon on the last Saturday of January and GA published the time and date ahead of time, IIRC.

1 Like

I said next week or two. Next Friday is the 20th the following Friday is the 27th.

1 Like

Question about SAT self reporting

My DS portal shows that SAT/ACT where self reported (has a checkmark), but when we go to the “view and self report test scores” tab, the AP’s are there, but the SAT is not. If he tries to add it, it asks for a total score, and also for 5 inputs - “Math test”, “Math section”, “Reading Test”, “Writing and language Test”, and one for the essay.

Do we have to fill this out if the main page has a checkbox next to the ACT/SAT score line? If yes - how do we break down the total school? Math and English - yes, but Math test vs Math section, for example? How does that work?

Thank you!

In your SAT score report, which you can download from College Board, you will see the Section Scores (EG EBRW: 750 and Math: 720 ) followed by the Test Scores (EG Reading: 32, Writing and Language: 34, Math: 34.5).

Using those section scores and test scores, you would fill out the form as such:

2 Likes

Ah, thank you!

Do you know if we still need to do it? This is what the portal landing page shows

1 Like

Per their application documentation official scores are only needed to verify self-reported scores if you are accepted and chose to enroll.

Here, self-reported initially because there was a delay receiving the college board the official scores from college board. The app checklist was updated later to show the official scores were received the next day. The self-reported SAT scores where then marked with a verified status.

So I guess we don’t have to self report then. Thanks for helping make sense.

Not sure how I read that. If you want your SAT scores considered then you self-report. Once accepted then you need to verify what you self-reporteded.

My bad, I meant to say that We don’t have to self report them now - since it says in the landing page that self reported were received for us.

I just don’t understand why we don’t see the self-reported scores in the “view and self report test scores” section. It only shows AP’s

Your screen shot says “Self-reported” where mine says “Official” - I don’t know why your status says self-reported but you aren’t able to view them.

Did your student self-report on the Common App? If so, GT will pull the scores from there. I believe the self-report screen you’re referring to is for students who did not use the CA.

He did self report on the common app, for the SAT and the AP. The AP’s are on the portal in the self-reported section, but the SAT’s are not. But that item IS checked, so I hope* he’s alright.

So, does it look like it’s about two weeks from either today or yesterday, then we’ll find out?

1 Like

From past years, look like about Jan 28??

Is Georgia Tech usually this late in announcing a decision date for EA2? After seeing what happened with Purdue this year, I’m becoming very worried about mass deferrals.