Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Depends on the program. Based on my DS and his friends there are several undergrad engineering research opportunities while on campus.

1 Like

My D got in Purdue, UIUC and Georgia Tech for computer engineering. Not sure which one to pick. All three of these schools are out of state tuition for us. No scholarships given.

2 Likes

Daughter accepted to CS. Very pleased. Profile:

SAT 1550
7-8 APs mainly STEM" 5s in Math and Statistics, 4s in Sciences
NJ top 10 college prep school
Varsity Sports and many other ECs
AMC10 and AIME qualified

Best wishes to all.

3 Likes

Just for future reference: twin with the “offer letter” got accepted. Twin with out the “offer letter” got into pathways transfer program. We did not know about this program but sounds like a very good option.

4 Likes

Accepted to CS. International admit. 1600 SAT. 4.5/5 GPA.

2 Likes

which is the cheapest option for you as OOS?

Congratulations! All three excellent schools. I think you have to go with fit. Can you visit?

My son got into Purdue and Georgia Tech and was deferred at Illinois today. Illinois was towards the bottom of his list (primarily because it is surrounded by cornfields), so Purdue would’ve likely won out between the two. He’s going to Georgia Tech for several reasons. First, his brother is there, he’s been there and loves it. It’s a great size for him - close to 20,000 undergrads - vs Purdue which is almost twice as big. The plus from Purdue was that it was in a college town. Originally, he didn’t want to go to a big city to go to college. But Georgia Tech does not “feel“ like it’s in a big city. It doesn’t feel like an urban campus like in MIT or NYU. There is lots of green space and thousands of trees and from most of campus you can’t see any part of Atlanta.

It’s also very stem dominated, similar to Purdue, and so in that way they are similar. That may be a good or bad thing, depending on your perspective. We have a friend at Purdue right now and other than the size difference there seem to be a lot of similarities.

If a visit is not an option, dig deep into their websites and social media. GT has quite a few Instagram accounts that can give you a good feel for the culture and campus.

We are in state for GT with free tuition but that was not a deciding factor - or really a factor at all for him.

Again congratulations! That is a good problem to have!!

8 Likes

@VirginiaBelle thanks for the info

Congrats to all

I think they cost approximately as: UIUC - $55k, Georgia Tech - $50k, Purdue - $41k per year.

When will they announce merit. Traditionally, do they give merit to OOS? Thanks

Very little merit at all at Georgia Tech. They do have a Provost scholarship which will bring out-of-state tuition down to in-state tuition. That will be announced in a couple of weeks. They only give 60 of those. They will also invite 325 people to campus for the Stamps Scholarship full ride weekend. The announcement for that is on January 31. I know the college of science gives a Dean’s grant, but I am not aware of any such thing for engineering or computer science. That’s basically it.

5 Likes

sibling accepted OOS CS! 35 ACT, 16 APs, 4.0 UW GPA, large semi-competitive public school. Published NLP research at Stanford amongst other ECs. Also accepted to UIUC CS, Purdue CS, UMD Honors and CS, all OOS.

5 Likes

University of Michigan?

1 Like

Hi! Everyone,
My son got selected for CS today. Can anyone please share the link to calculate the total cost per year for International Undergraduate CS course. Also do they freese the cost for the remaining years ??

Congratulations. Please share your stats.

Although GaTech announces aid in next couple of weeks, for internationals, its safe to assume zero-aid. Tuition is generally variable, but will be specified in your offer letter (you should be able to find your final offer letter under OSCAR → Financial Aid page) once it is populated later next week.

1 Like

My DD used absolutely all her AP classes. They allowed her to have a lighter load. Also, your students who get credits with introductory classes can move to next-level classes and experience much lesser issues with registration.

2 Likes

There are some other pathways, the school adds new ones periodically. There are 4 major ones in my opinion and they do not have to be offered to students by admission:

1. Conditional Transfer - this is if a student has parents, grandparents or siblings who graduated from GaTech.
  2. First Generation pathway -for first generation students
  3. Veteran pathway
  4. Repp pathway
    Google GaTech Pathway programs.
1 Like

Congrats! Michigan is famous for yield protection and deferring.

1 Like

As far as I know, tuition for all public schools in GA are controlled by Board of Regents for the University System of Ga.

1 Like