Gettysburg Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Gettysburg Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

EA decisions will be posted on W 2/1, according to communication from Gettysburg today.

2 Likes

Where and when will EA be posted?

What does W mean?

Wednesday

Did anyone else get the mailer for prospective families? It arrived yesterday. :blush:

We got it today. Hoping it’s a sign :blush: Does anyone know what time EA notifications come out tomorrow?

1 Like

5 pm est time! did the email that you all received about when decisions are coming out also said how happy they were that you applied?

2 Likes

also, any internationals got the mailer for prospective families?

1 Like

Of course

1 Like

anyone see changes in their portal?

Decisions are posted!

2 Likes

Student got in but cost is not manageable. That’s our fault for not understanding the Net Price Calculator. Sad day here.

Son got in with Abraham Lincoln Scholarship and enough grants to make Gettysburg a very competitive option!

1 Like

Congrats! My student got that too along with a grant but the cost is way more than the other comparable options. We loved it there but not enough to put us deep in debt. I am happy for your family though!

1 Like

Daughter was excited to be accepted EA with Founders Scholarship. 3.6 UW, strong ECs.

2 Likes

Congratulations to all!

DD was admitted with Eisenhower Scholarship. She is very happy and Gettysburg may have risen in her ranks. Will need to go back for another visit this spring.

3 Likes

DS applied EA. He was given the David Wills Scholarship and a small Gettysburg College Grant. Nice package but the COA is still higher than 2 other comparable schools where he has been admitted. At this point it’s not at the top of his list, but that could all change as we do post-acceptance visits.

1 Like

The net price calculator wasn’t accurate for us(in a bad way). We’ll see how it all works out. Great scholarship but at the moment cost still too high. Likes the school a lot. I’m trying to find places that offer income-share loans that are available independently rather than with the few colleges that have instituted them. Especially in this climate of high interest rates, any large loans would be scary.

My daughter received an e-mail yesterday saying that notification for RD will be sent early next week (March 6-8), but here it says 3/14. Did anyone else receive the ‘early next week’ e-mail?