Girls in the Corp of Cadets

Hi everyone. I’m a girl hoping to one day work on an army forward surgical team, and I’ve been looking at a &m as a prospective college. Several people have suggested the Corps to me as a great way to prepare for the military lifestyle. It looks great, but… What is the attitude towards girls in the corp? I know the Commander this year is female, has that helped any? If you’re in the Corp, would you recommend it to a girl? I know your fish year is crazy tough, I’m talking more about harassment or being the odd one out. Any advice?
Thanks and gig 'em!

You do not have to do an ROTC program to be an officer in the armed forces. If you want to go to medical school, GPA in college is critical. Girl or boy, the corps is very, very tough to do AND maintain great grades. Obviously some are able to do it, but many are not.

Can’t speak to the viewpoint of women in the corps with recent experience.

Have you thought about spend the night with the corps? http://corps.tamu.edu/portfolio-items/spend-the-night/ you would get to talk to current cadets face-to-face. Not everyone in the corps is thinking of a military career unlike some other schools, so it is a mix of outlooks. The good thing is that if you decide the corps is not for you, you can stay at this university unlike the Citadel, VMI or the academies.