Global Business Honors Program (GBHP)?

I’m a HS senior and just got accepted for Fordham Gabelli at Rose Hill with a full tuition scholarship. I also got invited to the “Global Business Honors Program”, but I have a few questions. How much harder are the honors classes? How long are the abroad trips?
How would being in Fordham with this program specifically compare to a school like Northeastern for business? The full tuition and abroad trips are incredibly appealing to me.

Congrats. That’s an awesome get no matter where else you get in.

Don’t know specifics of Fordham but the write up sounds wonderful and sounds like you’ll have a small, established cohort through all four years. My daughter has this and I think because all will be motivated and interested it makes for a better overall education.

Don’t know if the classes are harder or just dive deeper. You might ask the school if you can be set up to meet with an ambassador or current member of the program so you can directly ask these exact questions. Oftentimes the best profs teach in these programs too which is a bonus.

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for sure with lots of extras.

Congrats to you and your family as you’re going to save them some $$ (assuming it’s important to them).

Fordham loves you … and I’d say it’s nice to be loved. You won’t just be a # there. And if it’s hard….well it’s college. It should be somewhat. But at least on paper sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

2 Likes

Take Gabelli for the win. I can’t answer your specific question but Gabelli and Northeastern were high on S20’s list of business schools.

After visiting we were impressed with both. He liked the co-op program at NE but full tuition for Gabelli is fantastic. Unless you get another fantastic offer or just absolutely loathe Fordham I don’t see how you turn this down. S20 got a nice scholarship from Fordham but would’ve been a little over budget. Otherwise I think he would’ve attended.

Both sons are in their school’s honors program. They enjoy their honors classes. Typically they have the best professors with other students who are engaged. Good luck.

1 Like

Congrats!. Did you get the NMSF scholarship or a different scholarship from Fordham?

I got the NMSF one

Thx and congrats again. Not sure what are the criteria for the honors college. I know NMSF recognition scholarship and perfect GPA did not hear about the honors yet. Wondering if SAT score is considered etc. or something else.

A few years back there was a Fordham honors student here on CC who indicated that she believed the selection was very holistic and that her stats were not as high as those of some of her friends who were not invited. IIRC she believed that Fordham was trying to create an honors class that would bring a lot of diversity of viewpoints to discussions (income, gender, race, ethnicity, geography, major etc.)

I will also add that I think that being in honors is less important at Fordham than it is at many other schools. Honors designation is a benefit to students at most schools because it allows them to be in small classes that are discussion-based rather than in big lectures. But that is how almost all Fordham classes are structured anyway.

1 Like

My child is currently in the GBHP at Gabelli Rose Hill, and is also a recipient of the NMSF recognition scholarship. There are fewer than 20 people in the honors program for their year, the classes are rigorous (and my child was in a magnet HS program so is very used to academic rigor), and it’s a competitive and high-performing cohort. I don’t know how students are selected for the program - I’d like to think it was holistic but I believe I read somewhere that it is only offered to the top Gabelli applicants.

1 Like

@chmcnm @placeholder132341 @lilibet11 Does anyone know the difference between the GBHP and the Gabelli Ignite Scholars Program? My daughter was offered the ISP. The letter said there were only 15-20 business students in the ISP with smaller classes and unique opportunities, etc. But I can’t seem to tell the difference between the two programs.

Anyone know?