Going from Blinn to A&M

<p>I have yet to hear back from A&M but to be honest, I don't think I made the cut. And even if I did, I need to distract myself from now until I find out. So I was looking at Blinn (accepted today) and wondering how I would go about all that. </p>

<p>I plan on getting an Economics major and a Statistics minor. Blinn at Bryan offers a Math Degree and a History degree (I love history and I'm very good at it, but I don't want to teach or be a lawyer) and some classes in Economics. I was thinking if I go that route I could declare a Math major, even though my freshmen year it will mostly be Gen Eds. This way I can fill up extra hours with Stats.</p>

<p>Or am I really just overthinking all this? Since it's community college AND freshmen year (hoping to transfer after that) I don't think all this really matters that much.</p>

<p>Yeah, seriously. You’re overthinking. Take your basics and transfer after two semesters. Econ has auto admit with 24 hours and a 3.0.</p>

<p>Oh, I didn’t know that. Does AP count towards that? I have roughly 15 credit hours so far.</p>

<p>I think so actually. Not sure though. For that auto admit you need to take or have credit for Business Math I and II (or Cal I and II) and Principles of Econ I and II.</p>

<p>Dual credit counts in the 24 hours. I imagine AP hours would be treated the same.</p>

<p>Be sure to take the time to visit with an admissions representative before you sign up for Blinn classes. My daughter had 15 dual credit hours that fit on her degree track (required courses for her transfer major). She applied for transfer with a total of 30 hours --15 hours dual credit (classes taken in high school) and 15 hours semester 1 at College Station.</p>

<p>She just found out she is going to be able to move off of Blinn TEAM fully into to Texas A&M for summer 2012. This means she spent 2 semesters on Blinn TEAM instead of four semesters.</p>

<p>The key is to meet with admissions and find out which of the hours you have fit into your degree plan/track at TAMU. If you plan carefully, you increase your chances of a transfer. Of course, grades will be important.</p>