Going out at CC?

<p>I am 100% sold that CC is the school for me, save one factor-- what is the social scene at CC like? I like to work hard but I also like going out and partying. The fact that CC is so small makes me nervous.. does anyone have any input for me? Shallow question I know.</p>

<p>You probably would get an answer you were more comfortable with from a present student. But, I can relate what I have been told by my S over his 3-1/2 years at CC and from a couple of other CC parents during that time.</p>

<p>There is lots to do, but many (most?) students play it pretty easy during the week since missing class or getting behind is a real problem. There are weekend campus activities (movies, DJs, Hockey games, etc.) as a “party” focus. There are a few performance venues somewhat near campus. Denver is 45 miles away for every conceivable party opportunity.</p>

<p>The Greek parties are required to be open to the entire campus population. There are a ton of EC’s that give an opportunity to party with those of common interests. Since CC has a Dance/Drama school there are perfromances on campus throughout the year.</p>

<p>Block breaks come every 3-1/2 weeks. The spectrum of activities that my S has participated in on blocks has included doing things with large groups and with only a few others. In the Winter, there is a bus to get to ski and lots of students have cars to get there. A Colorado Ski area is (by definition) a party destination.</p>

<p>BTW–the vast majority of CC students live on campus, so there are 1500+ students on campus from which to find party people.</p>

<p>Because of APs, my S has lived off campus his 3rd and now 4th years. There are parties at these off campus places many of which are within 2 or 3 blocks of school.</p>

<p>If you get accepted, VISIT before you decide. That seems to be a way to get a personal perspective. My S went up for the CC potential scholars get together in March of his HS senior year after EA and ED acceptances were extended. I seem to recall he flew out Thursday night and stayed over until Sat afternoon. He knew a couple of girls who went to CC and crashed in their dorm room. You might try something like this.</p>