Good Pre-Med Schools

<p>Hopkins weeds out pre-meds purposefully i heard, don't know about the rest.</p>

<p>UC Berkeley makes it almost impossible to have a great GPA.</p>

<p>How do you know if you "fit". I visited Cornell, liked it, but I'm still torn. I don't know if I will do well at a relatively more competitive atmosphere (well I think Cornell and UCB are even for that aspect, Rice seems to be a bit different)--at our school, only around 2% out of a 430 class have SAT scores above 2250's. I have a 2260, 3x 800 SAT II's (they don't matter but you seem to have used them as parameters so i'm just trying to give you an idea) and a whole bunch of 5's and 4's on AP's. </p>

<p>Would you choose a private if you were me? Is it a good idea to not go to a school you've been familiar with (UCB) your whole life?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Is it a good idea to not go to a school you've been familiar with (UCB) your whole life?

[/quote]
In and of itself, this is a reason not to go -- get out, explore, grow, build independence.</p>

<p>I'm thinking about going pre-med and I got into UCLA, UC Berkeley and Northwestern. Any advice on which schools are the best for premed?</p>

<p>I'm deciding between which university to go to and I have narrowed it down to
SUNY Albany and University of Delaware.
I am majoring in chemistry and doing pre-med as well.
Which school is best for my undergrad? While delaware has a great chemistry/science program, albany also has 3 hospitals in its town and a medical school.
Thanks so much</p>

<p>^ Definitely Albany because it'll give you a step up in admissions for medical school ^</p>

<p>
[quote]
^ Definitely Albany because it'll give you a step up in admissions for medical school ^

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Will it now? Thats a new new one I haven't heard before...</p>

<p>
[quote]
I'm thinking about going pre-med and I got into UCLA, UC Berkeley and Northwestern. Any advice on which schools are the best for premed?

[/quote]

[quote]
Which school is best for my undergrad? While delaware has a great chemistry/science program, albany also has 3 hospitals in its town and a medical school.

[/quote]

I can't believe I'm doing this, but <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/pre-med-topics/202936-good-pre-med-schools.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/pre-med-topics/202936-good-pre-med-schools.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Have you been to SUNY Albany.... to me it didn't seem that nice.</p>

<p>What about Boston University and SUNY Stony Brook?
(Money is no option over happiness)</p>

<p>
[quote]
Money is no option over happiness

[/quote]
</p>

<p>...but when the repayment loan statements start coming in, it can be depressing how much you own. So money should be a factor, at least at the ugrad level.</p>

<p>But my parents agreed to pay full or half if I go to BU.</p>

<p>So now comes the question BU or Stony Brook?</p>

<p>What is Stanford's %? and where did you find this info?</p>

<p>Any Stony Brook or BU?</p>

<p>i'm sorry that i cannot answer your questions, but i am completely unqualified to do so and would be wasting your time if i did. instead i must post my own question in hopes that you are more knowledgable than i. I would really apreciate any answers that you are able to give.
i am currently a junior in highschool and begining to explore my college options. i know that i want to pursue a career in medicine, more specificaly as a surgeon (transplant specailist) or a pediatric oncologist. what i do not know however is the best way to go about my colege education in order to achieve this goal. An a soon-to-be college student i was wondering what i should major in. while i know that pre-med is not actually a major, i am unsure what major would prove befitial in my eventual acceptance into medical schools. i have thought about majoring in nursing so as to get a background in the workings of the human body, while at the same time taking my pre-recs for med. school. Is this a good idea as far as preparation for acceling in a medical school or should i rather consider majoring in perhaps biology. if getting my bachelors in nursing would be benefitial, should i then attend an undergraduate school that is acclaimed for its nursing programs or pre-med "programs". your answers to my questions are extremely valued and apreciated. You have my many thanks.
-fh</p>

<p>I'm deciding between SUNY Geneseo and Union College.</p>

<p>Basically public vs. private. Both have fairly strong science, but Union being the private offers alot more personal attention/research and internship opportunities. They also gave me a generous financial aid package so both schools cost the same.</p>

<p>I know that with the extra attention and smaller classes, Union will help me much more as a pre-med. However I liked the general location of Geneseo more.</p>

<p>Anyhow in this situation, should I pick the school based on which offers the better pre-med or the school that appeals to me more? I liked both but for non medical and academic reasons I did like Geneseo.</p>

<p>Any pre-meds at public universities? How are you doing? I know public schools are basically "sink or swim" so my shot at med school goes down significantly at Geneseo.</p>

<p>BC has a really good Pre-med program with an acceptance rate of 76%. Besides BC has an agreement with Tufts U's medical school that pre-med student can get early acceptance to Tufts medical school. </p>

<p>Tufts</a> Medical Early Acceptance Program - Boston College</p>

<p>How good is the pre-med program at Florida State University?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Ranked 121/133 allopathic medical schools.</p>

<p>futurehealer, major in whatever you want. Do something you’re interested in and know you’ll do well in. You mentioned nursing, which I’ve heard isn’t a very good idea because med schools don’t like “specialized” things like that. Maybe someone else can give an explanation for this. Overall, go to a college where you’ll be happy and do what makes you happy.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>The ranking of a medical school doesn’t have much to do with the strength of the associated undergraduate college.</p>

<p>^ or the strength of the medical education at the medical school, for that matter</p>