Good undergrad chemical engineering school??

Im looking for some good undergrad chemical engineering choices. Right now I really love Drexel and there program.
I have a 3.4 GPA and 1950 on my sats so if there is anyone who knows a lot about chemical engineering and a schools with good Programs in my reach let me know!! Thanks!!!

Use the Supermatch engine on the left side of this page. Then look up ABET accreditation for the program. Then run the Net Price Calculator on each schools’ web site to see what’s affordable.

Yes, do an ABET.org search for accredited engineering departments. Also, pick a few ChE departments randomly, check their websites to determine what their ChE specialties are, to get an idea of what may interest you. There are sub-disciplines in ChE and you can do a lot with the degree; petroleum engineering, sustainable and alternative energy, bio-engineering, food science, nuclear energy, manufacturing operations etc.

Keep in mind also that while several engineering schools draw employment recruiters nationally, hiring engineering majors tends to be regional; not exclusively but in large part. So for a new ChE degree holder, there are lots of chemical companies in the Midwest to begin your career, and many other major manufacturers, too; lots of health bio-research firms in the northeast (think New England); and of course there substantial petroleum-related work in the gulf states (and N. Dakota).

There are many excellent ChE departments out there and a public college in your home state may be one of them. America’s best engineering schools tend to be public universities, but of course there are outstanding private STEM universities, for example; U Rochester, Renssalaer Polytechnic Institute, Case Western Reserve University, Illinois Institute of Technology, Vanderbilt, etc.

Maybe look at Manhattan College as well.

<<<<
I have a 3.4 GPA and 1950 on my sats s

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

How much will your family pay? That will largely determine where you should apply.

@mom2collegekids My parents have saved up limited funds for me they are actually relatively ok with the steep price of Drexel due to the opportunity to make money in the Co-op program. They haven’t set a budget but they are more comfortable with a tuition of $40,000, and I will be taking out loans though

I am also looking at Lehigh due to the fact that I’m a legacy and my parents would like me to (I am aware I am not up to par)

Are you also considering state (PSU) or out-of state schools?

U of Rochester
Case Western Reserve University
Illinois Institute of Technology
Vanderbilt U
U of Dayton
South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
Ohio University
U of South Carolina
Clemson University
U of Alabama-Tuscaloosa

Yes I am considering out of state I am from NJ.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you still have to pay Drexel tuition during coops. That will probably eat into your co-op salary, maybe all of it.

Depending on how your SAT breaks down, Alabama might be an option (scholarship money). I’d also suggest University of Minnesota Twin Cities as an option.

Don’t know about Drexel, but Lake Jr.'s engineering school simply charges a modest fee to continue your registration/enrollment while participating in a Co-op. And at some schools the Co-op is a part of the curriculum and you receive academic credit for it.

You do not have to pay tuition from what Ive seen from my countless visits

Typically a co-op program still has equivalent of 8 semesters of payment, just spread over more time. However, the potential to save depends upon whether or not you can find a co-op near home or in an area with low cost of living. In expensive cities, rent/food can use up a lot of the earnings. Still very worthwhile, but not necessarily a way to save money.

So far I have Drexel, Lehigh, U of Washington and Purdue even though I know they are comptetive. I have visited some schools mentioned such as Alabama, unfortunately I don’t think Vanderbilt is in my range.

I thought I’d add that I am a female. I don’t know if that that makes a difference

Female applicants with good marks absolutely get a bit of a boost in admission to STEM schools. Also, Vandy continues to increase its geographic diversity.