Good Universities in France and Switzerland

Hello!
I am looking for universities in France or in Switzerland (not study-abroad) with a good reputation and hopefully programs in English! I do speak French, and my family (who are also French) have suggested schools like La Sorbonne, however schools like this only offer bachelor degrees in French :frowning: :cry:
Since I have had an American education, and I have some troubles with learning (like ADHD), I am hoping to find a more flexible school that supports students with these issues.
If you know of any schools like this or have any sources you suggest, please let me know!

2 Likes

It’s not in Europe, but Concordia University is an English-language university in Montreal with support for students with ADHD and other learning differences.

4 Likes

You will be looking hard to find flexible Swiss or French universities (vs American / other private unis).

3 Likes

Take a look at American University of Paris. I haven’t known anyone who has gone there for decades but I know it still exists!

3 Likes

I can’t help with personal advice, but here are a few links that might be helpful:

https://www.mastersportal.com/articles/2948/best-english-taught-universities-in-france-where-you-can-study-in-2022.html

https://u-paris.fr/en/programs-taught-in-english/

Thank you so much! I did apply to a few schools in Montreal but since my family lives in France I was hoping to be close to them. I really appreciate the suggestion!

Thank you!! I will look into that :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you! I did apply there :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about the UK or Ireland? You wouldn’t be massively far from France. Not terribly flexible on the whole though - nowhere is as flexible as the US really.

Do you have any idea what you might like to study? And what are your grades/scores/AP classes like? And what sort of budget do you have, given that FA isn’t likely to be available. (It would help to know if your family are French citizens and how long they’ve lived there from that pov too.)

Also some programs in the Netherlands are in English, and close to France.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I did apply to the UK through UCAS earlier this fall, the application was so easy that I couldn’t resist!

I am not sure what I would like to study, my interests are really broad. At the moment I am actually hesitating between Parsons Paris or an IEP (I would love to go to Sciences Po but fear the environment would be really strict) if that gives you any insight on my interests.

By the end of high school I will have taken 12 APs, I have a 1510 on the SAT and my grades are solid! International school is less expensive for me than a school in the US due to my parents status, so money isn’t a concern.
Again, thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

What have you applied to study in the UK?

1 Like

I applied for Social Policy (I was going to do humanitarian studies but I was not sure if I could handle it).

Another university to consider is St. Louis University in Madrid.